PDA

View Full Version : Curtains hand #3 - QQ

pergesu
12-23-2005, 11:46 PM
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

Hero (t915)
MP2 (t975)
MP1 (t930)
UTG+1 (t1015)
UTG (t930)
BB (t3140)
SB (t1070)
Button (t1025)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t85</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises t110</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t290</font>, BB calls t235

Flop: (t765) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets t540</font>, Hero calls t540

I'm curious why you didn't just push preflop. What's your plan on flops when it comes Axx and he pushes? Nice puhtodds..

Note: This tourney has taught me that curtains is a luckbox. I've seen him flop a boat, the nut straight, and now a set of queens. Further proof that if party weren't rigged I'd be the one with the 12309487% ROI at 215s.

yvesaint
12-24-2005, 12:06 AM
level 2

someone raises in MP to 85

you re-raise with XX to 110 (for some stupid reason, just say you misclicked pf)

the guy pushes

what are you calling with? AA-QQ, AK? do you feel good calling here with AQs? JJ? i sure dont, and if curtains has a read on BB as a decent player, a push is going to be called by a range of hands hes doing pretty bad against

im more inclined to flat call the re-raise from BB with JJ and worse, but with QQ, i like the raise to 290 - with BBs stack, i can see how he can call with JJ-66 ish sort of hands, AQs-ATs.

i think on an Axx flop and pushes you can probably fold - any other flop and you can call/push basically anything

ilya
12-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Perhaps this opponent is reasonable &amp; easy to read. In a low-buyin I would just push, because lots of players would call me with weak holdings like AJo. But in a $200 maybe there are tightish straightforward players who will fold all hands QQ dominates to a 3-bet push, flat call with basically just AK, and 4-bet with just AA/KK.

curtains
12-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Im pretty sure its because the opponent was very bad but may be scared away if I move allin. Of course when an opponent is so bad, moving allin is oftentimes the best course because they will call your allin very loosely as well.