PDA

View Full Version : Curtains hand #2 - Blind boat, why he play so fast?

pergesu
12-23-2005, 11:27 PM
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com (http://www.pregopoker.com/hhconv/convert)

CO (t315)
MP3 (t925)
MP2 (t1900)
MP1 (t1390)
UTG+1 (t1230)
UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1060)
SB (t980)
Button (t1200)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, MP2 calls t50, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t25, Hero checks

Flop: (t150) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets t70</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t175</font>

Hopefully this isn't another "standard" hand. MP2 got his stack by getting KK in vs 77 preflop.

Percussion
12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I like a call here

curtains
12-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I play almost everything fast although I agree that in this particular case a slowplay is quite warranted. However as I post over and over, I almost never slowplay, especially out of position.

adanthar
12-23-2005, 11:34 PM
This isn't a good CR. If you want to play it fast, you should bet it, but a CR on this board is a good way to make stuff fold that you don't want to fold. The only hands that go further after this are mostly tens that would get it all in, anyway.

I mean, I bet (some hand), you, a good player whose nick I probably recognize, minCR* at a 200...am I really calling with a QJ knowing you control the betting from this point out? Nah.

*I consider all of these types of bazillion to one odds to draw hands to be minCR's and proceed appropriately.

curtains
12-24-2005, 01:31 AM
btw the opponent was not a good player if I recall. Although thats my default assumption when anyone has doubled up early. Although there is no way I would expect a jack to fold or any kind of straight draw.

You weren't the opponent adanthar, and if you were I would have attempted to play the hand in a manner to help you give away some chips. Most of the time it's just not going to happen though.

curtains
12-24-2005, 01:32 AM
also note that I do checkraise with nothing sometimes. Hands have been posted in which I've done so. It wouldn't be good if I never checkraised with huge hands. Despite all of this I did regret the way I played it at the time.