PDA

View Full Version : i got hit by a car while crossing the street

12-23-2005, 10:57 PM
i'm crossing the intersection (against a red, i've got the walk signal) and this dude making a left turn in his mazda 3 hits me. i don't remember the accident, just hitting the ground and skinning my elbow. i did not hit my head.

i stand up as he gets out of his car. as far as i can tell i'm fine. he gives me his name and number and offers to drive me to the hospital. i just say no thanks and walk away. obviously, i had no idea what to do. i may have been in shock, i don't know.

what the [censored] do i do now?

jba
12-23-2005, 11:01 PM
you needed to call the police, what a [censored] tool.

how do you not remember the accident?? you need to see a doc bro

private joker
12-23-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what the [censored] do i do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you notice any injuries later on, go to the hopsital and have his insurance pay for it. If you find yourself dizzy or nauseated, you have a concussion and should go to the doctor. Have his insurance pay for it.

If you just have a scrape and don't feel anything unusual for the next 24 hours, consider yourself lucky.

12-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Go see a dr

astroglide
12-23-2005, 11:07 PM
verify that you have full use and feeling in your arms and hands. locate a hammer, and smash your testicles with it to protect the future of society.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-23-2005, 11:17 PM
That's a little harsh...What exactly was he supposed to do?

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a little harsh...What exactly was he supposed to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

call Larry H Parker law offices

get paid

pedestrian losses are worth a minimum of $7,500

12-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Is it still too late for him to get mad money?

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:27 PM
depends how long ago this happened

man
12-23-2005, 11:27 PM
when you experience physical trauma you get an adrenaline rush and a weird feeling of detachment from reality. it's hard to think straight. can't blame OP for not reacting properly. if you want you can go to the doctor and have them fix you up and have this dude pay for it, but it's a matter of what you want to deal with. I think you're probably better off making sure you're all right and forgetting about it.

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I think some general damages are in order

getting hit by a car as a pedestrian is a lot different then getting rear ended at 5 mph

rgreenm90
12-23-2005, 11:31 PM
did your shoes come off? your pants?

12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
SUE HIS ASS

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did your shoes come off? your pants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loc: The pants party

typical

TripleH68
12-23-2005, 11:33 PM
This happened to me when I was about ten years old. I was on my bike and I am sure figured it was somehow my fault. My arm and leg were all skinned up and I rode my half broken bike home as fast as I could. Damn I should have layed on the ground and waited for paramedics...and police.

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SUE HIS ASS

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't sue him until you are denied by his ins carrier.

file a claim with his insurance, let them make you an offer

get checked out at the hospital...keep a copy of the bill

man
12-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I'd be interested if anyone has any experience with this. my gut feeling is that it's not worth the bother. how much can a suit like this really get?

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be interested if anyone has any experience with this. my gut feeling is that it's not worth the bother. how much can a suit like this really get?

[/ QUOTE ]

check my previous post and then check my occupation

man
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check my previous post and then check my occupation

[/ QUOTE ]
somehow I missed that.. $7,500 just for getting knocked to the ground? or do you have to have some kind of injury?

surfinillini
12-23-2005, 11:44 PM
you obviously have to have some kind of injury...

they're called Soft tissue injuries meaning your hurt but nothing is broken or fractured.

when a pedestrian loss is reported, the computer sets a company reserve for an amount...standard reserve for most insurance companies is anywhere b/w 5K and 10K, thus 7.5 being the average I would say.

Even if he never goes to the hospital, he can get 1K no questions asked. the company will be chomping at the bit to settle this for that amount.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Thank you for this answer.

Astroglide, I am sure this is what you would have jumped up and done had this happened to you.

12-24-2005, 12:14 AM
okay

i went to emergency, i'm fine. i just have an abrasion on my elbow and some bruising on my thigh. i'm in british columbia, so there's no way i'm getting any money out of his insurer for this (we have a crown corporation that insures all drivers in the province). should i file a police report anyways? just so it's on record?

and yes, i should have called the police when it happened, but i wasn't really thinking straight. i don't really have a lot of experience with getting hit by cars.

surfinillini
12-24-2005, 12:16 AM
unless you needed an ambulance I doubt the police would've actually shown up considering the other driver was facilitating an exchange of info..

i have no clue about da canadian ins industry

ilya
12-24-2005, 12:18 AM
What's the problem exactly? It sounds to me like you handled this in a civilized manner. Get a checkup, send the guy the bill, and forget about it.

Eurotrash
12-24-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and offers to drive me to the hospital

[/ QUOTE ]

hah

jba
12-24-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the problem exactly? It sounds to me like you handled this in a civilized manner. Get a checkup, send the guy the bill, and forget about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem as I see it is that when you run over a freaking pedestrian in a crosswalk you shouldn't get off with a "my bad"

sublime
12-24-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
verify that you have full use and feeling in your arms and hands. locate a hammer, and smash your testicles with it to protect the future of society.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh the astro we all love