PDA

View Full Version : This is why we don't give free cards

12-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Button 3-bets, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG caps, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif (5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

BAHAHAHAHHA

Nick C
12-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I think you should call a bet on the flop anyway.

Did someone actually have you beat on the flop? I guess maybe SB did, but if he had a pocket pair, he probably suspected he was drawing. (Or possibly he whiffed on a checkraise.)

What's up with the preflop raise, by the way? I hope you don't make a habit of trying to isolate with pocket 2's from MP1.

12-23-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with the preflop raise, by the way? I hope you don't make a habit of trying to isolate with pocket 2's from MP1.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, actually that was the plan - was hoping to isolate...bad play? what is the lowest PP I should do this with? 55? 66? 77?

Nick C
12-23-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, actually that was the plan - was hoping to isolate...bad play? what is the lowest PP I should do this with? 55? 66? 77?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the isolation may not work, and 22 is only approximately a coin flip versus a random hand.

Anyway, I personally would usually raise 77+ in this spot and limp 66 and below. If I'm at a table where a raise is unlikely to get me a two- or three-handed, pot, though, I might limp the 7's as well. If, on the other hand, I have a good chance of getting a heads-up pot, I'd probably raise the 66 and limp the 55.

I guess I'm saying I don't think there's a definite cutoff point. But it seems like a pretty light raise to me, when you're raising 22 from MP1.