PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Paranoia?

BitterChris
12-23-2005, 08:44 PM
This might just be me being bitter, but anyone else seem to have their cards go dead whenever they make a bonus eligible deposit?

Every time I do, I get the curse of the reverse odds - whenever I go in as a 2-1 favorite I win about 1/3 of the time, and a coin flip might as well be a dice roll.

Never again, I'll clear this one off and I'll earn my money from now on.

darkcore
12-23-2005, 08:49 PM
as you said, it might be just you being bitter...

Aytumious
12-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Might?

aucu
12-24-2005, 01:50 AM
It's you.
I play better on a bonus, tighten up just enough.

Schwartzy61
12-24-2005, 02:26 AM
My cards seem to go dead after a nice upswing that induces a cashout. Hmmm, maybe there's a cashout curse or something?

12-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Always remember, online poker is rigged. It's the only explanation.

12-24-2005, 03:43 AM
I only play at pokerstars when they have a bonus. And i always cashout(after the bonus) with less money then I deposited. I make between 1.5 and 3bb/100 at PP though(depending on stakes) so I know I am a winning player. But stars, never fails me. I deposit, go on a downswing, and cash out with 20 bucks less then I had. However I will continue to do their bonuses. I know variance is a pain in the ass. So from now on I am going to let them stack, so i can actually put in a good 10,000 hands and see what my winrate really is at stars.

12-24-2005, 03:45 AM
The last sentence there was off. 10k hands is obviously not enough to see my winrate, but you get the gist.

a rebours
12-24-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Every time I do, I get the curse of the reverse odds - whenever I go in as a 2-1 favorite I win about 1/3 of the time, and a coin flip might as well be a dice roll.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a totally new and brilliant concept. maybe you should patent it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

of course you know what they call reverse odds in all those boring poker books...

RikaKazak
12-24-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This might just be me being bitter, but anyone else seem to have their cards go dead whenever they make a bonus eligible deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(lolol)

CalvinTy
12-24-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only play at pokerstars when they have a bonus. And i always cashout(after the bonus) with less money then I deposited. I make between 1.5 and 3bb/100 at PP though(depending on stakes) so I know I am a winning player. But stars, never fails me. I deposit, go on a downswing, and cash out with 20 bucks less then I had. However I will continue to do their bonuses. I know variance is a pain in the ass. So from now on I am going to let them stack, so i can actually put in a good 10,000 hands and see what my winrate really is at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

betadecay, that is exactly what I did in 2004 playing Stars only when they had bonuses. I recall getting 5 bonuses (through several months), and I was up with 2 bonuses but was down big with 3 other bonuses. I finally hopped onto other sites afterwards after being down at Stars while I knew I was probably 1 to 2bb/100 winner at Party (at a higher stakes than Stars, ironically). I admit I will be happy to try Stars again & do at least 10K hands, too! Your post hit home for me...

* CalvinTy

BigBiceps
12-24-2005, 02:47 PM
I do worse at Stars when I deposit for a bonus, then if I deposit without a bonus.

I do believe Stars is rigged, and I am not playing there anymore.

I believe they rig it in favor of newer players, and against players who have cashed out wins. It is too complicated to analyze every all-in hand to determine if underdogs are winning disproportionately, but, from observation it is enough evidence for me to not want to play there.

MyTurn2Raise
12-24-2005, 02:56 PM
do people play when not on bonuses???

Crazy

Aytumious
12-24-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe they rig it in favor of newer players, and against players who have cashed out wins. It is too complicated to analyze every all-in hand to determine if underdogs are winning disproportionately, but, from observation it is enough evidence for me to not want to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the pros who play there and cashout weekly are just lucky.

excession
12-24-2005, 07:27 PM
'I make between 1.5 and 3bb/100 at PP though(depending on stakes) so I know I am a winning player. But stars, never fails me'

LOL - have you considered that perhaps Stars is a harder site? I was a big winner at Party and a loser at Stars for ages - at least 18 months- if you are only winning 2PTBB at Party I would expect you to be losing at Stars..

it wasn't that Stars is rigged - of all the sites it is the one that is the most 'straight up' -
it was that at the stakes I was then playing at Stars was far tougher for my style of play..

12-25-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

it wasn't that Stars is rigged - of all the sites it is the one that is the most 'straight up' -

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same as saying PP is rigged. I don't understand your point.
Stars is a tougher site to play limit, however the games are still very beatable. I thought I mentioned I considered the losing streak to be an effect of variance, not a conspiricy.

excession
12-25-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't believe for a second that any major site is rigged. It's just that Stars has the best record for customer service of any site - and the reputation for the most fair dealing with customers - that is what I meant by 'straight-up'.

If you are going to be paranaoid enough to allege that any site is rigged then Stars is the least plausible to pick..

12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
I think some people don't take bankroll into account when depositing money, then get upset when variance kills them. When I first came on here, I looked at the bankroll builder for newbies and saw the Interpoker bonus and that it clears best at 1/2. So what do I do? I take $100 out of my account and go play 1/2. But I hit a bad run of cards and lose my money. I don't think I am the only one dumb enough to do this kind of thing, though it is possible that I am a one of a kind poker retard. My point is just to make sure people understand to take enough of a roll to cover their swings.

Guthrie
12-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Maintain two accounts at each site. During a bonus period, you can deposit to the first account, transfer funds to the second account, then your cards won't go dead, and you won't incur the bonus penalty.

BitterChris
12-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Case in point: on this hand I had 10-1 odds... against me.

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t2670)
CO (t2755)
Button (t3830)
SB (t1335)
BB (t2950)
UTG (t1535)
Hero (t2880)
MP1 (t2335)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t50, Hero calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t50, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t300) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t2705</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t1285 (All-In), Hero calls t2105.

Turn: (t7295) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t7295) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t7295

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Jd Tc (flush, jack high).
Hero has 6d 6h (flush, ten high).
CO has Th Js (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins t4855. Hero wins t2440. </font>

12-28-2005, 04:08 AM
If we all got reimbursed everytime we got beat with a low flush we would all be freakin millionaires. We dont, so that is why we POST HANDS on the forums so we minimize the times we do get beat. You cant expect to win every hand, remember that we are playing with odds, and nothing is 100%. THere is a lot of gambling in poker.

TheHip41
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably just suck

kiemo
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Case in point: on this hand I had 10-1 odds... against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with you brother
Yesterday at Stars I had pocket Tens allin preflop against pocket Kings.

I flop a ten. He turns a king. Rigged!