PDA

View Full Version : and just so we can maybe correlate heres anothe poll on torture

brad
07-26-2003, 04:49 PM

MMMMMM
07-26-2003, 05:01 PM
How about a poll on how many think this is a biased multiple choice format, and how many think the multiple choice "polls" CNN or MSNBC or AOL conduct on the web are usually so much hogwash for this very reason.

MMMMMM
07-26-2003, 05:05 PM
C'mon brad, I think we're overstraining Mason's new servers and wearing out our welcome with some of the regulars;-)

How about keeping most of this stuff within the recent threads it's already in instead of starting so many new threads? It isn't like these threads are new topics really.

brad
07-26-2003, 05:12 PM
i really wanted to know thats all.

i didnt realize you werent done though since we went back and forth a lot of times on noam chomsky thread.

p.s. i dont think the poll is really that biased but if it is i cant really tell which way it is. (i mean in the news they are all blantantly pro torture.)

brad
07-28-2003, 10:55 AM
need more votes

Cyrus
07-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Hey, Brad, I know your Poll is only half-serious but I gotta say the wording is somewhat biased! FYI, I voted "No, Torture is bad" as a gesture of politeness.

Your poll should actually be split into three (3) polls, as follows:

1st POLL
Is torture a reliable and efficient method of obtaining information ? YES - NO

2nd POLL
Is it morally acceptable for American troops to torture prisoners ? YES - NO

3rd POLL
What is more important in our War against terrorism, maintaining our moral integrity or obtaining information useful for that war through immoral means ? MORAL INTEGRITY - GETTING INFORMATION

(I would speculate that the answers would be 1.YES; 2.NO; 3.INFORMATION.)

brad
07-29-2003, 04:46 AM
i believe u r mistaken about torture providing reliable information. seriously.