PDA

View Full Version : WCOOP tournament series at PokerStars.com

thylacine
07-26-2003, 04:16 PM
How tough is the field in the WCOOP tournament series at PokerStars.com? How tough are the satellites?

For comparison, I have been winning at another site playing $20, $30, and $50 entry Sit&Go's and $20 multi's.

But the entries for the main WCOOP tournaments are bigger $100 up to $1000. And everyone says PokerStars.com is a tougher site to start with.

Does anyone have a good guage of the strength of the field? And how does it compare to B&M tournaments of the same size? Thanks.

cutloose
07-27-2003, 12:37 AM
August 11, 2003 - 15:00hrs - 7 Card Stud

$50,000 guaranteed. Buy-in is $300 + 20

just won the seat last night in satelitte but would rather take the cash.

I am new at poker and would rather take a figure near the 300 mark.

Just a quick reminder my seat for the 7 card stud WCOOP

is equivalent to $320 buy in to any event (there are 11 including 250k guarenteed NL holdem)

if you are planning to play in the WCOOP starting 7 august

give me an email and i can sell you my $320 WCOOP dollars for less than face value

all transactions (i.e. cash for WCOOP $$) will be conducted by pokerstars therefore removing any doubt of security or integrity of parties.

contact mattd_aus@hotmail.com

p.s.

regarding another users comments about the pokerstars site

The players are generally pretty good but that is because it is the biggest money site (for tourneys) on the net that i know of.

if you have 250k guarenteed NL holdem events you are bound to get great players. and these same players may practice in the lower limit events (unfortunately)

However i have only been playing 6 - 12 months (only about 2-3 months playing 7 card stud) and (luckily perhaps) finished 13 th in a field of over 300 to win this seat, so i guess its worth a shot.

look at chris moneymaker who won 2.5 million from a pokerstars satelitte. he was a no one.

so in summary buy my seat and win fame and fortune!!!

thylacine
07-27-2003, 12:58 AM
I plan to play satellites too.