PDA

View Full Version : So some guy hanged himself just outside where I work

celiboy
12-23-2005, 07:23 PM
So I'm at work today on the second floor. There is about 30 of us on the floor. Anyways we keep the blinds closed to keep the sun out. Around 10 someone comes by saying to look outside and that there was a body hanging from a third floor balcony. The apartment building is right across from us...just seperated by an alley. At first we all thought it was a manequin. 5 minutes later cops show up and pull the body from the balcony....paramedics worked on him for 30 minutes (we could see into the suite) and then the ambulance took off. Someone from our company called the hospital and word is that he survived it. Pretty crazy to see that and I'm glad I didn't actually see him jump. He looked to be about 70. I'm surprised he would do it so publicly. Also from what I know, hanging yourself is certain death within minutes and he was definetly out there for longer than that.

nthn2fancy
12-23-2005, 07:34 PM
if he ddnt break his neck, they definately couldve revived him afterwards

12-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Standard.

astroglide
12-23-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

12-23-2005, 08:15 PM
this thread is usless without pics.

Sponger15SB
12-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Man, some people suck at killing themselves.

man
12-23-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a friend of mine is an EMT, and a guy he works with got called for two suicide attempts for the same girl. she tried to slit her wrists, but cut across instead of down both times. the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

12-23-2005, 08:22 PM
I'd probably kill myself in the coolest way possible. Possibly involving large explosions and lots of hookers.

henrikrh
12-23-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably kill myself in the coolest way possible. Possibly involving large explosions and lots of hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd poison myself with somehting really hard to trace, like cyanide, and die on the set of CSI, if it became an unexplained death that would be hilarious.

12-23-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd poison myself with somehting really hard to trace, like cyanide, and die on the set of CSI, if it became an unexplained death that would be hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned.

PokerBob
12-23-2005, 08:54 PM
i live on the 23rd floor of my building. when i decide i've had enough, im gonna jump.

miajag81
12-23-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a friend of mine is an EMT, and a guy he works with got called for two suicide attempts for the same girl. she tried to slit her wrists, but cut across instead of down both times. the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's awesome if true

Unoriginalname
12-23-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JUST fired? I'm pretty sure he'd be prosecuted or sued as well.

12-23-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i live on the 23rd floor of my building. when i decide i've had enough, im gonna jump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should it come to that, I propose you reenact your avatar. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

12-23-2005, 09:39 PM
for what crime?

12-23-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for what crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt the emt somewhat liable for her death now legally? If not, it's not really the right thing to do, although it is hilarious.

man
12-23-2005, 10:11 PM
I just called my friend and he said the guy was brought to court too. no details beyond that though. in all honesty he's clearly liable. the girl was unstable and he provided information that led to her death.

sorry for the hijack.

whiskeytown
12-23-2005, 10:19 PM
There are three veins in the neck that have to be cut off - there's the two in front but also one in back -

actually, a knot in FRONT is one of the most painless and easiest ways to go - it sorta prevents too much strangulation from lack of oxygen and cuts off the blood flow directly, which is what you need to do the ol' death from above.

If the knot was bad (i.e.- located poorly) - and left the means for oxygen or blood to get thru to the brain, then he's just gonna have a REAL sore neck.

RB

12-23-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for what crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging Dr Kevorkian, Dr Kevorkian to the OR please...

Lazymeatball
12-24-2005, 08:57 AM
veins don't provide blood to the brain. and hanging someone ideally kills them by snapping their neck, not by strangulation.

tubalkain
12-24-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just called my friend and he said the guy was brought to court too. no details beyond that though. in all honesty he's clearly liable. the girl was unstable and he provided information that led to her death.

sorry for the hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manslaughter... possibly murder if the prosecutor's having her period... sounds like your friend is *'d.

garion888
12-24-2005, 11:09 AM
[censored] EMT's...they didn't even let you guys whack at him for the candy inside...

MrTrik
12-24-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

sorry for the hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manslaughter... possibly murder if the prosecutor's having her period... sounds like your friend is *'d.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS. What if she got the info off the net? Then who is liable? What about if she read it in a book or saw it depicted in a movie?

The guy is guilty of disseminating information which is rarely a crime. He is ethically and morally a schmuck but not a criminal.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Whether you are a criminal or not depends on the laws, not your opinions.

David04
12-24-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the second time he got fed up and taught her the right way to do it. she didn't survive her last attempt. he was fired.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody who thinks this is awesome or hilarious is sick.

Blarg
12-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Or 20.

12-24-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thats all i can say...

TheNoodleMan
12-25-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I call BS on this. This is the type of thing that would make 20/20 or dateline. There has to be some kind of documentation if your srory is true.

12-25-2005, 02:53 AM
I heard something very interesting about people who commit suicide by jumping off buildings, bridges, etc. Supposedly, during the plummet to the ground, the person naturally gets an extreme adrenaline rush. This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump. Unfortunately, by that time it's usually too late. Oh well.

No idea how someone could possibly know that information. Maybe from people who have tried to jump but ended up surviving? I don't know. I just thought it was kinda interesting.

Duffman
12-25-2005, 03:43 AM
"I heard something very interesting about people who commit suicide by jumping off buildings, bridges, etc. Supposedly, during the plummet to the ground, the person naturally gets an extreme adrenaline rush. This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump. Unfortunately, by that time it's usually too late. Oh well."

I think if he ends up surviving once the adrenaline fades off he'd just want to kill himself again.

Reef
12-25-2005, 03:43 AM
HSSCK.. oh wait

Sponger15SB
12-25-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard something very interesting about people who commit suicide by jumping off buildings, bridges, etc. Supposedly, during the plummet to the ground, the person naturally gets an extreme adrenaline rush. This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump. Unfortunately, by that time it's usually too late. Oh well.

No idea how someone could possibly know that information. Maybe from people who have tried to jump but ended up surviving? I don't know. I just thought it was kinda interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard that "This rush causes a feeling of euphoria, and makes the person feel good about himself, and consequently he begins to regret his decision to jump.".

But I have heard that of the people who have survived the jump off the golden gate bridge that they began to regret it on the way down.