PDA

View Full Version : SB vs. BB - How often can you expect SB is stealing?

12-23-2005, 06:27 PM
I know at the lower levels like the .5/.10 this doesn't happen often but as I am beginning to play the .5/1 it seems they steal more often than usual.

How do you try and play against this in the BB? Is this an image issue or does even the passive player attempt to steal in this situation?

mulebennett
12-23-2005, 06:35 PM
it depends... if i've got some reads on the guy and he's very loose that's a different story than if he raises me once every two or three times. i think it's mostly read dependent, but i rarely call with rags. it also depends on the size of the steal bet. i would tend to call a 2xBB bet (aka minraise) with mostly anything, but if he's raising to $3 or $4 then i've got to consider my options.

12-23-2005, 06:38 PM
If you played .05/.10 i advice you do not take such a big step up to .50/1. You should try going to .25/.50. Second, they are stealing blinds because a $1.50 pot is a decent amount, .15 cents really is not worth anything.

12-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Mule:

Lets say he raises to 3 and you are holding a4o. Does that justify a call or are you looking for something better? I am just trying to grasp what you consider. Thanks