PDA

View Full Version : Online reads are hard to get.

12-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I seem to have much harder time getting reads on people online compared to live play. I have poker tracker but I just got it recently and I'm not that good at pulling up statistics on the spot.

Does anyone else have this problems and if so what steps did they go through to improve their online play ?

12-23-2005, 07:14 PM
You need a HUD. PokerAce works for me, but it's $25 now. It's still well worth it. Try the evaluation version and see if it helps.

kaidoy
12-23-2005, 07:23 PM
is that the program that shows the pokertracker stats around players usernames like I saw in a screenshot a while ago ???

lighterjobs
12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
i don't even like to play live anymore because people don't have stats written around their heads.

pokeracesoftware.com

12-23-2005, 08:03 PM
yes, there are two that I know of. Gametime + and pokerace HUD. Gametime + is free and a bit easier to use, pokerace is free for 30 day trial and then $25 and is a tiny bit harder to use, but has a lot more info and features

12-23-2005, 11:29 PM
FWIW, I have gotten myself in trouble using timing as a tell in online play. You may do better, but be warned the network ruins this tell.

Also, keep the chat box open. If someone is being a dick to the bad players, you must know.

12-24-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, keep the chat box open. If someone is being a dick to the bad players, you must know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you clarify the significance of that?

12-25-2005, 01:05 AM
If some jerk starts berating the poorer players at your table, the bad players who stay will start playing more rockish, which is bad for you. If you disable chat, you will not be aware of this until late. You will need to be aware, so you can change your read.