PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this AA?

King_J
07-26-2003, 10:44 AM
A very loose aggressive player (LA) on my right openraises on button on a 5-10 5handed game on Ladbrokes.

I 3-bet in SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB folds, LA calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, he called.
turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, he raised, I made it 3 and he made 4 bets. Ouch.
I decided to call him down unless an Ace hit the river. How did I do? Anyone calls turn and fold to a "bad" river?

eugeneel
07-28-2003, 12:03 PM
you played it right. I would not expect even a very loose player to raise with complete rage like J3 so I would still put him on a hand like AJ or KJ. There is not a single card in the deck that could hit which would make you not call the river. If I was to be beat during this hand it would only be by trips, and no card can make his trips any better than they already are on the turn.

AeonBlues
08-01-2003, 08:58 PM
I would mentaly pre pair myself to look at a set. Now a lot of players, especialy loose ones in short handed games, will bet that agressively with a weaker hand than AA. No river would make me fold, he would have to show me a better hand, but I would be metaly prepaired to lose, and plesantly suprized to win. Definately check and call on river. AA shows as the best hand offten enough for calling 2 more big bets to be correct, unless you know your opponet well, and you know he needs to beat any 1 pair to make it 4 bets on the turn. If my opponet was the super agressive type, that would just keep raiseing with say, AJ, I'll bet 1 more unless scare card hits river, hapy to just call if I get raised, as against this type of opponet, AA is worth 2 bets on the river.

AeonBlues

Ikke
08-02-2003, 04:55 AM
"I would not expect even a very loose player to raise with complete rage like J3 ...."

I know even very solid players who openraise with this hand from the button in a 5-handed game in the right situations.

Regards