PDA

View Full Version : Party 100NL (full ring) profitability

mrgold
12-23-2005, 04:09 PM
ive been moderately into poker for a year or two but have only really gotten serious about it in the past week or so. Ive been quad tabling party 100 (full ring) and trying to play fairly ABC but not really paying a whole lot of attention to specfic players beyond whatever reads i get off pokertracker. Over my first 4.5k hands im only up a little over the rake (playing 15 VPIP and 6 PFR) and I feel like the players arent throwing money away at nearly the rate i had expected/hoped. I know this sample size isnt great (my standard deviation is still gotta be like 8bb/100) and I feel like I can defiitely step my game up some (need to lay down busted overpairs a bit more quickly and extract more w/ sets). Another thing I thought was interesting is so far I am down huge on cold calling low pp preflop (I havent taken a big set over set). I used to feel like this was a huge winner at these stakes (and it still may prove to be as my sample size goes up) but I am wondering if prehaps my current policy of calling ne raise hu up to 5bb in pos or oop w/ ne pp is overdoing it.

I was wondering if anyone familiar with these games could give info on how easy these games are too beat playing tight ABC poker. Or do you feel that the game is so saturated w/ tight set miners that a LAG style would be more effective (i think i could only play one or two tables if i tried to do this)? I really appreciate any insight yall can offer and apologize if this topic has been covered before (if so could someone point me in the right direction).

12-23-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been quad tabling party 100 (full ring) and trying to play fairly ABC but not really paying a whole lot of attention to specfic players beyond whatever reads i get off pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
prehaps my current policy of calling ne raise hu up to 5bb in pos or oop w/ ne pp is overdoing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned the harder way that in these games, even though they are low limit, idiot filled tables, you can't just sit back with a "system" and let it do the work. You need to adjust to each individual able and each individual opponent. Its tough at first, but I suggest you drop a couple tables if you're having problems with that. Soon you'll get the hang of it and will be back to 4 tables in no time.

mrgold
12-23-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I learned the harder way that in these games, even though they are low limit, idiot filled tables, you can't just sit back with a "system" and let it do the work. You need to adjust to each individual able and each individual opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot for the response. How many tables do you play? Do you feel like you watch and consider every hand for information about opposing players? I definitely adjut to different people who I have alot of hands w/ and seem to be very tight regulars (bluffing a little more and letting go of made hands faster) and am otherwise just generaly cautious of other playes and assume that they prlly dont know what they are doing (I suppose i also adjust to ppl who are just utterly spewing chips or standing out in some meaningful way). I would love to hear from any long term winners who play similarly to me or anyone who plays 4 or more tables and feels like they are really paying attention to every hand and have PT independant reads on most players. Is that even possible? I am not sure that I could ever focus that well.