PDA

View Full Version : Perfect played?!

King_J
07-26-2003, 10:37 AM
10-20 On Poker In Europe. 7 handed game, first hand on the short session.

All fold to Button who open limps. Sb calls and I check in big blind with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop comes: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sb checks, I bet, Button raises. Sb drops and I just call.

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet to avoid giving a free card to flushdraws and/or overcards.
River: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I decide to check, planning to call a bet.

jujujaja34
07-26-2003, 12:43 PM
King_J,

I like 3-betting the flop here. Button most likely has a draw, overcards, or an 8 weaker than yours. 3-betting lets you 1) represent a 5 2) see exactly where you're at.

With that said, since you just called the raise, I like the fact that you bet out on the turn.

Vehn
07-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Not betting the river is a terrible mistake.

King_J
07-26-2003, 12:56 PM

Vehn
07-26-2003, 01:47 PM
Because "worse eights" will call, see your hand, and muck. I'm serious, it happens all the time.

King_J
07-26-2003, 04:10 PM
"[i] Because "worse eights" will call, see your hand, and muck. I'm serious, it happens all the time. [i]"

If that has EVER happend to you you should be very, very glad because a player with an 8 shouldnīt muck his hand. Online itīs even impossible. I had two pair 8īs and 5s with the Ace kicker... I didnt use my king at all.

leon
07-26-2003, 04:27 PM
"worse 8s" as you put it won't call and muck. They'll call and chop.

I think checking is better if you have a reasonably aggressive opponent. If you check here they'll bet pocket 6's or 7's and you can snap those off. I think there's more hands here which will bet which you can call and beat, rather than the opposite, which are hands you can GET A CALL FROM and beat.

Leon

Vehn
07-26-2003, 09:17 PM
You didn't say it was online. I know there's no "worse eights".. And I've seen happen several times - even when both player's cards have been tabled and the dealer misses it.

King_J
07-26-2003, 11:57 PM
should have understand "worse" .
Poker In Europe is an online place as well.

Would u still bet the river?

Vehn
07-27-2003, 12:50 AM
In that case.. I would probably still bet the river but expect it to be a -EV bet. So in other words I'd make a mistake! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think its close but you're probably right about checking the river.

elysium
07-27-2003, 04:39 AM
hi king
i think your hand can stand betting out on the river, but your play was not wrong. i do think that an under-pair would have called though.

King_J
07-27-2003, 07:54 AM
After I called his river-bet I was delighted over my play in a hand for the first time in a long time. I think I played this hand superb. He had 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and my check indused a bluff. And, that was exactly my point since I didnt expect to get called by any worse hand.

Of course, I lose the minimum the if he has an ace (or the same amount) and I dont think the chance of someone folding an 8 for a riverbet from me is big at all.