PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!!!!!

kiemo
12-23-2005, 01:28 PM
First off: this post doesnt really belong here, as it properly should go in the BBV forum, but I whine too much here so I figured I would post something positive

Background
30k hands @ .5/1 - 4.3 bb/100
First 10k hands @ 1/2 full - 3.1 bb/100.

My last 10kish hands at 1/2 full (dating back to 9/9/05)
http://www.visi.com/~kiemo/temp/YEAH.jpg

And kinda the icing on the cake - last nights personal best night playing in terms of dollars
http://www.visi.com/~kiemo/temp/best_session.jpg

As most players who have experienced a 150BB (other 15BB loss isnt on graph), especially their first of such magnitude, this was a EXTREMELY frustrating period of poker for me. But as players who have experienced this know, you have to fight through it. If you are a winning player, this kinda downswing is a speedbump and for me a wakeup call. It made me open my eyes to how I was playing and realize that I was mostly nut peddling for my winrate and I wasnt really playing good poker.

Blah, blah, blah. I could write a bunch more emotional crap but I wont because its probably nothing most of you guys havent heard before.

bottomset
12-23-2005, 01:31 PM
They get worse than that

milesdyson
12-23-2005, 01:32 PM
wait all that stuff before was because of a run during fewer than 10k hands?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!??!!??!?!!??!?!?!?!

hemstock
12-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Nice job. Why are you playing so few hands? Don't you multitable?
BTW, do you have the exe file for pokergrapher?

milesdyson
12-23-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They get worse than that

[/ QUOTE ]
you posting from work or do you have today off?

someone at my work brought in some pretty good german danish and i microwaved some of it and had it with my coffee. very pleasant.

12-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Mmmm, german danish....lmao.

12-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Heh, I took a 225BB downswing when I moved up to 2/4. It sent me back to to 0.50/1 with my tail between my legs. Reviewing the period carefully in PT revealed a combination of some really awful cards coupled with a few mistakes in betting strategy that magnified the effect of the bad cards. It was frustrating as hell, but it's nice to know that at least I bought an education for my cash.

kiemo
12-23-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice job. Why are you playing so few hands? Don't you multitable?
BTW, do you have the exe file for pokergrapher?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original author of poker grapher released his files as open source and I think you can get it from pokertracker forums. Check there, if not I can certainly send you the file.

I do multitable - was doing 4 at a time. But dropped to 2 during the last few months so I could better watch opponents.
However I dont have alot of time to play becuase of children an even without that consideration I like to keep my sessions under 90 minutes as I start to get jittery playing longer then that.

kiemo
12-23-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wait all that stuff before was because of a run during fewer than 10k hands?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!??!!??!?!!??!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking at it more in the timeframe (ie 3.5 months) as opposed to hands played.