PDA

View Full Version : Fancy moves: the paired board bluff... what do you think ?

tjh
12-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Blinds are 15 and 30, Pokerroom tourney.

I am the BB
Seat 2: dblock xxx ($1,460 in chips)
Seat 3: moneymanbc ($2,180 in chips)
Seat 5: mr-natural ($3,730 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 8: raedkaer ($1,450 in chips)
Seat 9: deuces357 ($1,580 in chips)
Seat 10: ozack ($2,220 in chips)

PRE FLOP

HERO has 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

raedkaer folds,
deuces357 calls $30,
ozack folds,
dblock xxx calls $30,
moneymanbc calls $30

4 players see a flop of
K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Pot size 150.

THE SB checks.
HERO BETS 150
Everyone folds except for the SB who calls.

THE TURN is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BOARD IS K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB: CHECKS
HERO: CHECKS

RIVER is a J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BOARD IS K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot contains 450 chips

SB: CHECKS
HERO: BETS 300
SB: FOLDS

My thinking was that the paired flop bet had some scare power. A paired flop leaves only 5 cards that can connect with it vs a non paired flop where 9 cards connect. I guess it had 2 clubs so the clubs could aslo connect. I can not easilly do the math on the chance of suited pocket clubs being in play, anyone?

So betting a paired flop represents trips or two pair and should be hard to call. Unless of course I am crushed.

Villains call on the flop was scary. His check on the river and my absolute nothing of a hand forced my river bet.

Comments on all streets welcome.

Any thoughts in general on the paired flop bluff are also welcome. The paired board bluff is more of a NL ring game move but it may be useful in STT play.

--
tjh