PDA

View Full Version : Party scratch card

TylerD
12-23-2005, 07:22 AM
http://www.partypoker.com/news/events/scratch_card.html

12-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Interesting that I couldn't find anything that detailed your odds of winning, how many laptops/cameras/etc. they are giving away, or info of that nature.

Escape
12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Nice seems like a pretty fun giveaway.

CalvinTy
12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
While I was doing the Touchdown Promotion question, I also saw the "Scratchcard" promotion link. I pressed on it... and since I had enough qualifying points from yesterday, I could scratch the card. Voila, it said "You have won $50". Just like that. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

* CalvinTy

JackOfSpeed
12-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Uhoh, dude. I just "won" $50 too. I think something is wrong with the promotion (emailed PP and they said it wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow). Bummer.

darkcore
12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
$50, too. seems like we are all winners today...

they already removed the link to the promo. party...

//edit: the link is back, but it says i have not qualified to scratch /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David BB
12-23-2005, 12:15 PM
I still see it but it says I don't qualify (which I'm pretty sure I do!).

12-23-2005, 12:24 PM
what program do you need to see the card? i downloaded macromedia flash but it didn't work

CalvinTy
12-23-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uhoh, dude. I just "won" $50 too. I think something is wrong with the promotion (emailed PP and they said it wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow). Bummer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did get worried when the website showed some "errors" in their programming as I scratched the card. When I looked at the promotion main page, it did say that "cash will be instantly credited..." and looking at my account on website, I don't see it yet. So if it's supposed to start tomorrow, darn it.

Though, I thought I'd share a snapshot that I managed to take of showing that "won $50" did show up & that their sentences had code errors, etc.

scratchcard snapshot (http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scratchcard3rc.jpg)

* CalvinTy

esknights
12-23-2005, 01:06 PM
So is December 23rd the first day to scratch or the first day to earn a scratch card making the 24th the first day to scratch?

MexKrax
12-23-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So is December 23rd the first day to scratch or the first day to earn a scratch card making the 24th the first day to scratch?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not supposed to get your first scratch card until the 24th according to party support.

CalvinTy
12-23-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beats me. From their main promotion page, reading carefully, it still isn't really clear....
https://secure.partypoker.com/news/events/scratch_card.html

But... looks like today is SUPPOSED to be the first scratching day... using yesterday's qualifying points, know why I suspect this?

"That’s what you’re about to experience at PartyPoker.com between December 23, 2005, 10:00 (ET) and January 1, 2006, 23:59 (ET) - Our new $1.5 MILLION Scratchcard promotion where we are giving away up to $150,000 worth of great prizes A DAY!"

From that math, they are implying it is a 10-day promotion. I know it's not etched in stone but if today is NOT the first day of scratching the card, there are only 9 days to count? (24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,1)

They do say that the promotion ends 11:59pm on January 1st so I assume there are no scratchin' on January 2nd at 10am, huh? Again, that brings up the 9 days concept. Also, why would they say "December 23, 2005, 10:00 ET", too? That'd be when we could scratch a card.

Makes me wonder if they had problems... and covered up by delaying it one more day...

Sorry if I sound like a nitpicker... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

* CalvinTy

darkcore
12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Please note that you have NOT qualified for a free PartyPoker.com Scratchcard on 23-Dec- 2005.

The Scratch cards for this promotion will be available starting 24th December,2005. For more details click here.

To be eligible for a Scratch Card, you must earn 40 regular Party Points in a day.

You could win a range of prizes from up to $100 in cash to an HP Pavilion laptop computer, DVD and MP3 players and a digital camera between now and January 1, 2006, 23:59 (ET).

12-23-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what program do you need to see the card? i downloaded macromedia flash but it didn't work

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone?

CalvinTy
12-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh, if you are using Internet Explorer, I did notice that the scratch card itself did not appear... I didn't spend much time investigating but I noticed that a cookie was blocked by Internet Explorer & it may be that. Since we all have to wait until tomorrow, I can't help you yet, but you could try to (re)-install Flash 8.0 from MacroMedia's website:
Flash Player 8.0 for Internet Explorer (only) (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platfo rm=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=MSIE)

Hope this helps.

* CalvinTy

BigBrother
12-23-2005, 02:58 PM
"Today at 25:59 (ET)"

What time is that on the West Coast?

beavens
12-23-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Today at 25:59 (ET)"

What time is that on the West Coast?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf.. 25:59?

since when were there more than 24 hours in a day?

12-23-2005, 03:44 PM
How many points do you recieve for playing a 22 sng? how much for a 33?

GoCubsGo
12-23-2005, 03:54 PM
0. 0.

esknights
12-23-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
0. 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do get points. I played 12 $30 SnG's yesterday and ended up 72 points at 6 points a tourney or 2 points per dollar tourney fee.

GoCubsGo
12-23-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't play SNG's but I was under the impression that Party doesn't award points for them. SNG'ers are always complaining about how Party treats them like [censored]. Am I wrong?

grjr
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play SNG's but I was under the impression that Party doesn't award points for them. SNG'ers are always complaining about how Party treats them like [censored]. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct....that you are wrong. Party does award points for SnGs and tournies.

darkcore
12-23-2005, 04:26 PM
sng'ers are complaining because they can't clear reload bonuses with these points...

eleventy
12-23-2005, 04:58 PM
You get Party Points but not raked hand credit.

12-23-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, if you are using Internet Explorer, I did notice that the scratch card itself did not appear... I didn't spend much time investigating but I noticed that a cookie was blocked by Internet Explorer & it may be that. Since we all have to wait until tomorrow, I can't help you yet, but you could try to (re)-install Flash 8.0 from MacroMedia's website:
Flash Player 8.0 for Internet Explorer (only) (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platfo rm=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=MSIE)

Hope this helps.

* CalvinTy

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i installed it but no card loaded. i'll try to fix the cookies.

CalvinTy
12-24-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hope this helps.

* CalvinTy

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, i installed it but no card loaded. i'll try to fix the cookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the other thread for some ideas/problems others have:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4272829&page=2&vc=1 (I specifically pointed the link to one poster's suggestion):

Try this:

In Internet Explorer, Tools menu, Internet Options, Security tab:

Choosing the "Internet" zone, press "Custom Level" button. Then, in the Security Settings window, scroll down under Miscellaneous area.. look for the line that says:

Display mixed content:
Disable
Enable
Prompt

Apparently, it doesn't work correctly if enabling mixed content (so try to set to "Disable"). I haven't tested this yet because I already scratched my card today... LMK.

* CalvinTy

Sniper
12-24-2005, 04:17 PM
FWIW... Its simple enough to download firefox, and then access the card from "my account" off the main partypoker website... just don't click yes to allow Firefox to become your default browser, unless you want to switch.

Having a backup browser available is not a bad thing.