PDA

View Full Version : shameless bluff post

curtains
12-23-2005, 04:46 AM
***** Hand History for Game 3248061188 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Trny:18524768 Level:8 Blinds(200/400) - Friday, December 23, 04:41:35 EDT 2005
Table Table 67991 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 3: StraightPair ( $4460 )
Seat 9: ILuvCurtains ( $5540 )
Trny:18524768 Level:8
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ILuvCurtains [ 8h 4c ]
StraightPair calls [200].
ILuvCurtains checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jd, Ad, 5h ]
ILuvCurtains bets [500].
StraightPair raises [1500].
>You have options at Table 68769 Table!.
ILuvCurtains is all-In [4640]
StraightPair folds.
ILuvCurtains shows [ 8h, 4c ] high card ace.
ILuvCurtains wins 7440 chips from the main pot with high card ace.

raptor517
12-23-2005, 04:51 AM
nothing wrong with that, he limped into you, and theres a pretty strong chance its without an ace.. hes apt to raise any 2 there after yer bet, as any solid player would, so this is higher level thinking type stuff, and i like it. i do it more in mtts than stts, but it works here as well. nice play. holla

curtains
12-23-2005, 04:51 AM
This guy is huge regular, always playin a million tables with me. I suspect he's also 2+2er but he won't respond to my chat at the table.

raptor517
12-23-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This guy is huge regular, always playin a million tables with me. I suspect he's also 2+2er but he won't respond to my chat at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i know exactly who he is /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Jman28
12-23-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]! Does everyone know besides me and curtains? I have like, 2 guesses.

Snarf
12-23-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its me, actually. My whole 'I play low-limits' 'I'm a donkey' 'I have noob questions' thing is just an act to throw you off.

but now I'm <<coming out of the darkness>>

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

durron597
12-23-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Snarf
12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet $10 its one of the guys who said, "I know who it is."

That would be so classic.

Pokey
12-23-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had to rub his nose in it, didn't you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-23-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had to rub his nose in it, didn't you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains, why did you show?

Sciolist
12-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Because he wanted to post it on 2 + 2 of course!

Vuron00
12-23-2005, 02:06 PM
It's the 2+2 bot. I guess I'll have to update the code to respond to chat so it is more believable.

Thanks for the heads-up. I can't believe it hasn't been banned, yet.

Elektrik
12-23-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"The purpose of a bluff is two fold:

1) To win the pot right then and there.
2) To create a desired image for future plays"

-paraphrased, but you get the point. If you know anything about curtains' game, which you should by now, it should make sense.

12-23-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"The purpose of a bluff is two fold:

1) To win the pot right then and there.
2) To create a desired image for future plays"

-paraphrased, but you get the point. If you know anything about curtains' game, which you should by now, it should make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize it's to set up future play, but I suppose I do not know enough about curtains' play (and the $215s) to know how it would be setting anything up here. Because SNG is so based in late level, large blinds play, I can't imagine why curtains would be encouraging players that he plays with frequently to call him in late levels.

Elektrik
12-23-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine why curtains would be encouraging players that he plays with frequently to call him in late levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge, huge difference in calling an all in preflop and calling a reraise to your initial raise postflop. Both curtains and his opponent are aware of this.

12-23-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine why curtains would be encouraging players that he plays with frequently to call him in late levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge, huge difference in calling an all in preflop and calling a reraise to your initial raise postflop. Both curtains and his opponent are aware of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, got it. Thanks.

curtains
12-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Mainly I did it because this guy is at like all of my tables and I think hes a 2+2er. I basically did it for the entertainment value, I don't think theres anything that Im gaining from it, other than maybe making my opponent feel I'm capable of bluffing postflop every now and then. Also does he think Im a child, obviously he doesnt have an ace or a flush draw, the only hand he can have is a jack. If he is really sharp he will call me with a five, but thats a tough call to make.

Newt_Buggs
12-23-2005, 07:09 PM
How can you be certain that preflop he wasn't trapping something like AK? If you are certain that he wouldn't trap with this SB complete then shouldn't you have pushed preflop?

curtains
12-23-2005, 07:18 PM
I play with the guy too much to push for 10x the BB every time he limps in from the SB. Its always possible he was trapping, but didnt feel like it. I admit that zero percent was a bit of a stretch though...more like 5-10%