PDA

View Full Version : Caught Flush on River, but is it best?

Wideout88
12-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Stage #252656817: Holdem No Limit $0.50 9-Handed

Relevant Stacks

Seat 6 - Villain ($190.90 in chips)
Seat 5 - Hero ($88.50 in chips)

SB - Posts small blind $0.50
BB - Posts big blind $1
*** POCKET CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [Jc 10c]
MP2 - Calls $1
Hero - Raises $4 to $4
Villain - Calls $4
MP2 - Folds
*** FLOP *** [4c 6d Kc]
Hero - Bets $7
Villain - Calls $7
*** TURN *** [4c 6d Kc] [Kh]
Hero - Checks
Villain - Checks
*** RIVER *** [4c 6d Kc Kh] [5c]
Hero - Bets $20
Villain - All-In(Raise) $179.90 to $179.90

Call or Fold?
On the river there is about $120 in the middle and its $57 more to me to call, so getting 2 to 1 should I fold this?

jsnipes28
12-23-2005, 12:14 AM
You are obviously out of position-->i don't like the raise preflop with JTs.
Flop bet is fine as is turn check. I am pretty sure that villain, unless very tricky, is not checking behind with a full house here because he probably thinks that you have a King and would thus bet/3bet. Unless of course he just watched Rounders. You didn't give stats for villain, but unless he plays weak Kx hands then he probably doesn't have a boat with a King in his hand. However the fact that you don't even have the nut flush and the board is paired makes me fold in this spot. I've been burned too many times with flush over flush to make this call. I would fold and take a 5 minute break.

dbitel
12-23-2005, 12:18 AM
The hands that you're beating are smaller flushes and a naked King and maybe air sensing weakness.

You're obv losing to a higher flush and the FH.

Ofthe hands hero's beating, a smaller flush most of the time just flat calls the river, and this would be a very strange line for a KQ type hand to take. If he has air, then well played to him.

of the hands that are beating me, this is a line im sure 44 and 66 could take and possibly the nuts flush, but that MIGHT check behind on the river.

So without a read, I fold this river, just because I really cant see myself being ahead all that often