PDA

View Full Version : AA - Play on flop

Sintax
12-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Party 2/4 BB Jackpot. Table is 33% VPIP 3% PFR.

I am on the button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif

Four limpers, I raise, sb folds, everyone else calls.

Flop - 6 handed - 12.5 SB

7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, raise, re-raise (17%, 8%, 1.2), call, call....

24.5 SB - 2 SB (to call)

What do I do?

I folded. I feel like this board is just too coordinated and given the action so far, I might be way behind or alomst dead. However the pot is very big and I still might have the best hand. Folding seems a little weakish tight?

Is there a clear cut move and is it even close?

Anyway, the rest just called.. rag.. checked to the re-raiser... bets, all call....another brick.... checked all around... A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif wins /images/graemlins/frown.gif

livinitup0
12-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I agree its a scary board but I would have seen a turn card, and only folded if a J, 10 or diamond came out...its a big pot.

12-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Kings or queens and this is a much easier fold.

With AA, if everyone turned their hands face up, I doubt the decision would be much easier.

FWIW. I think you made the right decision.

12-23-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a clear cut move and is it even close?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a clear cut move and you found it when you folded the flop. Good fold, nice hand.

This is an extremely bad flop for your hand. Given this action you will be ahead here probably less than 5% of the time, and even in that lucky scenario, you are still an underdog to have the best hand by the river.

This flop is so bad for your hand, That I usually wouldnt even raise a flop bet, as I would want to see a turn card before I committed any extra bets.

12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Good Fold. Occasionally you will make a laydown that is the winner. That is only an indication of a good player. (unless of course its everytime /images/graemlins/wink.gif )