PDA

View Full Version : 5$ total bluff, well executed?

12-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 (t755)
MP1 (t1005)
MP2 (t1900)
Hero (t700)
Button (t485)
SB (t1140)
BB (t1230)
UTG (t785)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

was the call preflop all right? i know this hand is essentially trash but i think my position and the big implied odds make up for it.

Flop: (t72.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t65</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls t65, Hero calls t65, SB folds.

On the flop i was thinking it would be pretty good getting a flush and catching someone with a lone eight, and hey the price is right so ya im calling.

Turn: (t267.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t75</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls t75.

turn the pot odds were good enough for a call and becuase he didnt change his bet size im not really convinced that im that far behind, he may not even have an eight. if i had an eight in that spot i would bet alot to force out draws and maybe catch someone with a second best hand... thoughts?

River: (t417.50) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t65</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t275</font>, BB folds.

river i miss, but im thinking WTF, it really doesnt feel like he has an eight and if i bet enough it would look as though i slowplayed a monster so my bluff would have credibility yes?

Final Pot: t757.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 7h Jh (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins t757.50. </font>

last but not least, should i show this bluff to the table, why or why not?

Newt_Buggs
12-22-2005, 11:16 PM
I have never made a preflop call anywhere close to this in a SNG.

The river is rather simple, do you think that he will fold his 4/small pocket to a raise?

12-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Well the good news is that your bluff worked here. At the 6's it's not that hard to fool someone.

I would not attempt this river bluff at a higher level against decent players however. When you make a big raise on the river after the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif falls, what are you representing? 3-3? Not likely.

The river raise means you either slowplayed a flopped monster (8-8, possibly 4-4), or you missed a draw and are raising with air. I would have raised the flop with trip 8's so that a flush draw makes a mistake by calling.

All I know is if I'm the villain I won't need much to call this. When I see someone play passively before the river and then make a big raise (or a big overbet) on the river after a blank falls it's either a full house or better or air. The odds of air are usually higher.

EDIT: Oh yeah, fold pre-flop.

yvesaint
12-22-2005, 11:22 PM
he has to call 200 into a 757 pot, terrible bluff, your call pf sucks, and your flop/turn play looks exactly like a weak ass flush draw (overcall on flop, flat call on turn)

if im villain the only hands im worried about are 88, 44, and maybe an 8-4 (who knows what you donks will call w/preflop at level 1), but im getting such a good price im calling with AA-55, any K here (not that id play any of these hands the way he played it)