PDA

View Full Version : ($33) first level JJ in BB

12-22-2005, 10:21 PM
PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 1 - 10 players
Chip Counts are all around 800...
One limper from MP, Button raises to 100.
Hero is in BB with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Blinds 10/15
Hero calls 100, MP folds.
Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks
Button bets (200)
Hero???

bluefeet
12-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Whelp, I'm guessing we didn't call PF for set value. You flopped your unders w/a FD (for whatever that might be worth). His PF raise is a rather large raise for AA/KK despite the MP limper. QQ, AK, mid-PP? Hard telling w/ the almost full-pot lead. Personally I don't mind letting it rip here.

Making the post, I'm guessing c-raising wasn't your plan when you checked the flop. That being the case, leading 150ish yourself here might have been a better move. You're likely only getting pushed over by an overpair or a nut-flushing strong Ace. Anything else, I think you pick up the pot.

SammyKid11
12-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Personally, I'm check-pushing this flop. If he's got a higher pair AND one of them is a club...well, that just happens. But I want all my chips in the pot right here, and check-pushing seems to be the way to get the most value out of this hand if villain is on AK/AQ (which I think you'll find a lot of the time).

async
12-24-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm check-pushing this flop. If he's got a higher pair AND one of them is a club...well, that just happens. But I want all my chips in the pot right here, and check-pushing seems to be the way to get the most value out of this hand if villain is on AK/AQ (which I think you'll find a lot of the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

And probably not with a club, because the flop bet just says: I am not letting you draw out. So maybe 50/50 overcards vs a pair/set, but since a lot of them don't have the club, I think I agree. I actually really hate the situation, but if you bet out you might get raised by the same range of hands that bet and you have no more information and no fold equity. That leaves check/folding, but with an overpair and a draw, that feels weak tight. So check/push.