PDA

View Full Version : Can I Check Raise Three Times?

12-22-2005, 07:31 PM
My thinking during the hand was that UTG+1 was not showing any aggression the way he was betting, one at a time. However, as I pondered it just now I realize that UTG+1 was being as aggressive as possible, given that we were HU and I was SB.

The only read I had was a winning hand w/KK on a paired board. I think if I 2 bet PF it wouldn't allowed me to c/r twice. Your thoughts please.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls.

River: (13.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

DCWildcat
12-22-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if I 2 bet PF it wouldn't allowed me to c/r twice. Your thoughts please.[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were planning on c/ring twice before you saw the board? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm 3-betting this almost every time preflop. As you played it, though, you should probably bet on the turn. A scared AK, AJ, or AT is either checking behind (unlikely), or just calling your turn C/R after your flop cap. You'll have a much better chance of getting 3 bets out of him on the turn by going bet-raise-3bet-call.

A worthy attempt at the glorious trifecta though.

bozlax
12-22-2005, 07:54 PM
I hope you were at least playing the bad-beat jackpot tables when your quad queens lost to quad aces.

Eeegah
12-22-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you were at least playing the bad-beat jackpot tables when your quad queens lost to quad aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want a screenshot of this soooooo bad.

Edit: why the hell didn't you 3-bet preflop

12-22-2005, 07:58 PM
I think the turn c/r is a bit silly, doesn't really accomplish anything.

Also why not 3bet PF?

12-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey Al,

First, you've gotta raise this preflop. You've got a premium pair. If you'd raised preflop there'd be no reason to c/r on the flop. When you cap the flop, there's no need to c/r the turn. On the river, just bet out. The only hand that beats you is Aces, and if he has that, you're paying him off every time.

midwestkc
12-22-2005, 08:23 PM
*grunch*

3-bet PF. On the river I would just bet out...the last thing I want is him checking through on this river. Assuming he just filled up, he will still raise.

The problem with you not raising here PF is that there is no way to tell if he might have Aces. Raising PF gives you a little more info.

12-22-2005, 09:00 PM
* Grunch *

Why? He hasn't stopped betting yet, he's 3 bet it on the flop and the turn, I'm guessing he'll raise and cap on the turn so I lead out.

12-22-2005, 10:31 PM
3bet preflop.
bet/3bet flop.
bet/3bet turn.
bet/3bet river.

The quadrecta.

12-23-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you were planning on c/ring twice before you saw the board? /images/graemlins/smile.gifb

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought if I raised the flop he would run. I should know better, they don't run in micro limits regardless of their hand. lol

12-23-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: why the hell didn't you 3-bet preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought if I raised the flop he would run. I should know better, they don't run in micro limits regardless of their hand. lol

12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Raise preflop. If he is raising from UTG+2 he has a nice hand most of the time. If he will run the flop when you raise, it's likely he would have run away when you call preflop and raise the flop... I don't see the logic here. Don't check/raise the turn either, he is in love with his hand since he did 3-bet the flop. Get as much in there as possible. NOW!

Oh and don't even think about c/r the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's going to be a cap no matter what here. Bet/3bet. The pot is big enough that even if he "just" calls, you will win huge.

DeuceKicker
12-23-2005, 04:19 PM
FPS all around

12-23-2005, 05:18 PM
*grunch*

Put villain on AK, which just filled up on river. *Yesssssssssssssssssss*

PREFLOP: reraise.

FLOP: Since you smooth called preflop, CR is okay here.

TURN: Once you CR, the cat's out of the bag. No reason to CR here, just lead out and get into this glorious raising war. He probably thinks you have a worse A, which is awesome for you.

RIVER: Well at least he didn't have AQ. Hero bets and floors it. Dont' want villain to check behind you...but given action so far, he'd probably take the bait anyways. NH

ScottieK