PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for 6 Max

12-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Against an opponent who raises somewhat liberally what do you do in the BB with A9,A10 AJ suited from a button raiser at NL 25 6 max?, when he raises .75 to $1? What about KQ suited?

I'm fairly new to 6 max, but I hear it is much more profitable in the long run to play, as well as getting involved in more action.

P.S.: can anybody PM me some articles or post them here that discuss 6 max?

xorbie
12-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Depends on how liberally, but you're better off just folding everything below AQ in these games until you get more used to it.

12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
It's not like limit where you have to play because blinds are a bigger issue. In NL, there is always the possibility of winning or losing your entire stack on one hand, so generally you're going to want to have the goods. Being dominated would be very, very bad.

12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
The worst thing I see in these is that I have an A9 suited in the BB and the button minraises to .50. The flop comes out A K 2 and I'll check to the button that bets .50 or .75 on down. I'm ahead some of the time, behind some of the time. It's difficult. I just can't see how I can fold A10, A9,A8 suited for .25 more. I guess I should be.

Finite_Risk
12-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Regarding min-raisers, I dont disagree about holding mid suited aces and calling down from the bb

I usually fold when facing extreme pressure

I am relatively new to 6max as well and the main thing it has taught me so far is the value of position. To me, these hands suck because of position as much as the cards