NL EUR 0,10/0,20 - 8 player table

No reads yet

Players:
villainBTN (EUR 26,54)
hero (MP) (EUR 11,38)
villainEP (EUR 10,65)

hero was dealt: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif - A/images/graemlins/club.gif
villainEP calls, 2 players fold, Hero raise 1, villainBTN call, villainEP

Flop (€3.30, 3 players) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif - 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif - T/images/graemlins/club.gif
villainEP bet 1.40, Hero raise 3.75, villainBTN call, villainEP all-in 8.25,
Hero fold, villainBTN call

I raised to find out if my hand was good and if button was interested as well.
When button called 2 cold and EP pushed I came to the conclusion that the EV+ play was folding. I can easily draw dead or very thin here.

Standard or too tight?
I had about €6 left.

12-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I think it's fine. People love getting in with these middle type cards and these flops always screw me. Somebody could be on an open ender and somebody on a club draw but there are so many possibilities that getting out right now isn't that bad to me. This is almost as bad as a KQJ flop with tons of action.

12-22-2005, 07:06 PM
*Grunch*
Considering the action, I would fold as well. either one could have come in with pocket 7, 8, 10, or if they were brave j9. In any case, you are likely beat. I wouldn't invest any more in this hand, especially with no history on the others. Fold, sit back and watch. That's just me anyway.

Supern
12-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Should I just flat call do you think?
It could be an option but then I don't tell them I have an overpair. I didn't want to raise more so I could fold if I didn't like the outcome.

12-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't call. At this point I don't think there is enough information pointing to a win to risk most of your stack. I would fold, and sleep well knowing I did the right thing.

Supern
12-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I meant instead of my raise on the flop.

Supern
12-22-2005, 07:59 PM
VillainBTN called the all-in.

VillainEP K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
VillainBTN A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

They both had one-card straigh draws.
Neither did improve so A high won it.

I still like my fold.
Hard to put them on those hands. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-22-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant instead of my raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, misunderstood. Nah, I would still raise. You find out pretty quickly where you stand, and can get out relatively cheaply.