PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out pushing...this one?

Snarf
12-22-2005, 06:12 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2065)
MP (t2885)
CO (t3995)
Button (t1720)
SB (t2570)
Hero (t1765)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t200, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1765</font>, UTG folds, Button calls t1520 (All-In), SB folds.

reads: Small blind likes completeing... past that none really...

Is this one o.k.?
Too much for not enough of a point?

12-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Not a terrible play, but I would hope to have better cards in the situation. I would have folded here.

yvesaint
12-22-2005, 06:19 PM
id rather check here hoping for a good flop, and steal from LP against the blinds later on

Guthrie
12-22-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id rather check here hoping for a good flop, and steal from LP against the blinds later on

[/ QUOTE ]

11t
12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
When you push like this you should be doing it for two reasons.

1) The value of your hand
2) The limpers are weak/tight players who are very likely to fold. (PVS)

You indicated neither of these in your post so I am guessing you looked down, saw a few limpers and a medium strength hand and let her rip. You have 8.5xbb, you are not extremely desperate. At lower limits people often times bust themselves so survival is a key concept.

This is FPS, and a leak.

PS. Don't post results, only the fact that you pushed. That is all that matters.

PPS. Don't be afraid to see a flop, your hand does have value although you are OOP.

Snarf
12-22-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I though too...got carried away...

12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Considering the caller in early and your not exactly in push bot mode yet, I think this is a check. Then re-evaluate on the flop.

bluef0x
12-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Check. By just limping, he probably showed he has a hand better than yours this late. You are not totally desperate now, you can wait for a better opportunity.

tewall
12-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Assuming you haven't pushed before, I would do this if noone had called, so just SB was in the pot. Even with the UTG limper, it's probably +EV, but marginally so. You can probably get a better opportunity by waiting, as you're not deserate yet.

Pokey
12-22-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you haven't pushed before, I would do this if no one had called, so just SB was in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'd say that would be a min-raise or 3xBB raise situation. With just a SB/BB war, you'd have a reasonable (possibly best) start with position for the rest of the hand. The raise puts you in a position to steal an even-bigger pot after the flop in the (extremely frequent) case where the flop missed SB and he checks to you.

bluef0x
12-22-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you haven't pushed before, I would do this if no one had called, so just SB was in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'd say that would be a min-raise or 3xBB raise situation. With just a SB/BB war, you'd have a reasonable (possibly best) start with position for the rest of the hand. The raise puts you in a position to steal an even-bigger pot after the flop in the (extremely frequent) case where the flop missed SB and he checks to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 7.5BB I'm not looking to give the SB any chance of hitting a flop, I'll more more than happy in taking the blinds and getting my stack to 10.5BB. (This is about the situation where there is no limper and SB completes)

Also- you can't really raise 3xBB with your stack size.

tewall
12-22-2005, 07:14 PM
The stack's too small for this. I'd do what you said with 12.5 BB. If you raise 3xBB, he'll be getting about 3 to 1 to call the flop.

Snarf
12-22-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you push like this you should be doing it for two reasons.

1) The value of your hand
2) The limpers are weak/tight players who are very likely to fold. (PVS)

You indicated neither of these in your post so I am guessing you looked down, saw a few limpers and a medium strength hand and let her rip. You have 8.5xbb, you are not extremely desperate. At lower limits people often times bust themselves so survival is a key concept.

This is FPS, and a leak.

PS. Don't post results, only the fact that you pushed. That is all that matters.

PPS. Don't be afraid to see a flop, your hand does have value although you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good points there...

I'm not scared of post-flop play...just trying to explore push-botting....

I think you're right about my FPS kicking in this spot.