PDA

View Full Version : Got more hits than Sadaharu Oh

Huh
07-25-2003, 12:38 PM
6-Handed $7.50/$15.00 home game (2/3 chip blind structure). Game is fairly aggressive and semi-loose. My pimp-hand has been heavy thus far in the night.

I am in the cutoff with AcKc.

2 limpers to me, I raise, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop is
Kh Th 7c

BB opens it up, Player two to my right raises, Player one to my right re-raises, I cap-it, and only the raisers stay. Wasn’t sure about the cap. Both raisers were very aggressive players, and I didn’t want to fold. Calling wasn’t the joint, cause I had some players behind me. I thought the others were definitely putting me on more than TPTK, or maybe a flush draw, since I don’t usually cap in this spot (All players at the table have spent a lot of time with each other) without a nice draw or something a little bit better than tptk. I should mention that my street creds were running a bit low, since I showed down a turn-check-raise-bluff a couple of orbits earlier.

Turn is some off-suit brick.
It’s checked to me and I check. Hate to give the free card, but I’m not worried about over cards, and the flush-draw ain’t going no-where. These people are check-raise happy, and I know that there are a lot more painful things in this world than a check-raise, but thought there was a significant chance I was behind. Oh yeah, and it may get me some money on the river.

River is an off-suit seven.

Player two to my right bets out, and we both call.

Comments appreciated,
-Huh

J.R.
07-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Bet the turn and check behind on the river, if you want to check at all. There are hearts on the board, so you opponents could have been pumping a draw. If you checked behind to avoid a check-raise because you thought you were behind, you should not have capped the flop.

Why were you worrried about getting some money on the river if you were afraid you are behind on the turn? The hearts will call the turn (as will many other hands given the pot size), so if you thought you were ahead you should have bet the turn.

Huh
07-25-2003, 05:13 PM
I capped the flop to increase my chances of winning this huge pot, not necessarily because I thought I was ahead. There were many hands behind me that would have a difficult time calling 2 or 3 bets, when it may have been correct to do so (5 outters come to mind).

On the turn, the three things that made me call were.
-I wasn't sure I was ahead
-The players involved aren't going to lay down any hand that can draw out on me.(Well maybe a pocket pair).
-The playres were check-raise happy and each put forward the most aggressive post-flop action they could up to this point.

Coupled together this was the reason for the check.

-Huh