PDA

View Full Version : How to play Aces like a jerk

tripp0807
12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Not a bad beat story. A story about the importance of aggression, with Freerollin' starring as the lead idiot.

NL $100, FTP.

I have $117, covering both villians, who are mediocre.

Lead Donkey: MP2, A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif
Folds to Lead Donkey, raises to $3.75
Both Villains (SB&BB) call

Flop (~$11.25)
3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets $5
BB raises to $10

Lead Donkey thinks to himself, "Uh oh, he's got a 7. I'm dead. I better just call."

Lead Donkey calls $10.
SB folds.

Lead Donkey should have said "There's a very tiny chance that either of them have a seven. I need to raise to $50. If they come over the top, I'll get stacked with this hand because I really think that SB has two overcards and BB has an overpair.

Turn: (~$36)

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets $20

Lead Donkey says I'm behind, but I'm calling.

Lead Donkey calls $20.

Lead Donkey should have folded or pushed, but for some reason, he played this hand like a coward.

River:

Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets $25

Lead Donkey knows he lost, but calls.

Moral of the story: If you want to win, play aggressively. Don't be a donkey.

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Hee Haw!

tripp0807
12-22-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hee Haw!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, indeed. Now that I have it out of my system, though, I look forward to pwning you in the BIFGOP.

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hee Haw!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, indeed. Now that I have it out of my system, though, I look forward to pwning you in the BIFGOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it. I am considering putting a $10 bounty on myself and will announce my decision shortly before the tourney starts.

tripp0807
12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bring it. I am considering putting a $10 bounty on myself and will announce my decision shortly before the tourney starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just transfer it to my account if you decide to go with it. No need to waste time and post a message about it, etc.

*This all assumes that I make it home in time to play...

beavens
12-22-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hee Haw!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

for the jan3 tourney?

man i hope i can play!

i wonder if anyone might be kind enough to trade $50 from Stars for $50 at Party.