PDA

View Full Version : Really bad hand, berate me

12-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Full Tilt Poker Game #347689580: Table Horse Pointe - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:25:47 ET - 2005/12/21
Seat 2: JesseJames124 ($27.90)
Seat 4: <font color="red"> Hero </font> ($34.50)
Seat 5: Meghan98 ($31.50)
Seat 6: sir_saloe ($6.40)
Seat 7: Diabolique ($24.75)
Seat 8: TangledPuppet ($13.20)
sir_saloe posts the small blind of $0.10
Diabolique posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to <font color="red"> Hero </font> [A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif]
TangledPuppet folds
JesseJames124 calls $0.25
<font color="red"> Hero </font> raises to $1.10
Meghan98 folds
sir_saloe folds
Diabolique folds
JesseJames124 calls $0.85
*** FLOP *** [6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif]
JesseJames124 checks
<font color="red"> Hero </font> bets $2
JesseJames124 raises to $4
<font color="red"> Hero </font> calls $2
*** TURN *** [6d 6s Qc] [Qd]
JesseJames124 checks
<font color="red"> Hero </font> checks
*** RIVER *** [6d 6s Qc Qd] [Kh]
JesseJames124 bets $10.55
<font color="red"> Hero </font> folds

Revised gameplan: CB the flop 100% of the time? 75%? Fold if raised; if called, shutdown unless ace hits on the turn (even then, proceed carefully)

mosuavea
12-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Revised gameplan: Fold PF

No reason to get involved here with this hand, save yourself money

beavens
12-22-2005, 02:38 PM
any reason you decided to make this move pf?

aces_dad
12-22-2005, 02:39 PM
I fold this PF.

12-22-2005, 02:41 PM
I guess it was a steal attempt at the time, but looking at it again, I have no idea.

1: With one limper, what quality offsuit ace do you need to raise in this spot? AQo and AKo?
2: Same question, but with no limpers.

Blinds are tight, but probably play alright post-flop.

12-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Also, it was only six handed, so I figured it was ok quality.

aces_dad
12-22-2005, 02:49 PM
But if you're called by any A you're likely going to have TP with kicker problems.

AKo and AQo is as low as I'd raise a limper with here.

mosuavea
12-22-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you're called by any A you're likely going to have TP with kicker problems.

AKo and AQo is as low as I'd raise a limper with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awfully tight. It does depend on the limper though. If he is losse and poor postflop, I would isolate him with AJo, and Axs down to x = 7 or 8.

If OP had a read of how bad the limper was in the origional post and he knew the blinds were tight, I dont entirely hate the play. This is under the ssumption that we have a good read and that he is bad. No read or if he is tight its an easy fold, as previously stated.

troymclur
12-22-2005, 02:58 PM
You're gay. Clear-cut case of blatent homosexuality. i have not seen such epic scales of gayness since the battle for Lawrences butt cheeks in double-u double-u two.

Have thou been berated enough?

And now on to the content:

I like the pre-flop raise, even though its usually pretty bad. I make this kind of move usually with suited aces, or mid-low suited connectors, and only when my table image has been built up to facilitate the move. The flop was really good for you in a sense, but i think its pretty clear he has a queen, but usually with these kind of moves, pairing the board is great for you to bluff at. i would fold at the re-raise though.

Exitonly
12-22-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure there's reason to get involved.. it's 6 handed, and A8 is probably good here.

but i probably dump it when i get minraised..

aces_dad
12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
AJo is just one more hand you're adding. And as you say this is a default standard, against someone playing too many hands pf, I loosen up my isolation standards.

I'd also go Axs with x say 8 and up.

12-22-2005, 02:59 PM
every move was wrong besides the fold on the river.

mosuavea
12-22-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure there's reason to get involved.. it's 6 handed, and A8 is probably good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the limper is a bad player then, as I stated before, this play has its merits. If there is no read or the guy is tight why would you play this?

12-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Despite the preflop garbage, could we discuss fourth and fifth street? I apologize for not properly fixing fourth and fifth street with the suits of the cards.

Right now, my confidence is pretty low as I've been losing and I think it's been affecting my play.

On the flop, I CB and I don't believe that he has me beat. I call, planning to make a play at the pot on the turn.

When the queen hits and he checks, I assume that he has either an ace or a king or a queen. I check behind, because I feel that he'd bet a king on the river and I could win the pot.

After the K hits on the river, I don't think I have a chance.

1: Should I bet the turn?
2: Should I fold the flop after I'm raised?

troymclur
12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
if you felt you were ahead on the flop, i'd have re-raised, but the play seems to me like he hit the queen. But as called, i'd have led for 3/4's to 2/3's pot on the turn, then gone into check/fold mode.

mosuavea
12-22-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, I CB and I don't believe that he has me beat. I call, planning to make a play at the pot on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of my friends sayings and I laugh everytime he says it, what makes you think he doesnt have you beat? People at this level would min c/r with trips regularly. Without reads you can fold the flop.

aces_dad
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I was wondering that also. I didn't see a bluffy read provided for villian in the OP.

12-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Right, right. I think I'm psychologically hurting my game and seeing bluffs everywhere. I didn't exactly have a read on this player, except the few hands that I've seen were aggressive, without a SD (still doesn't mean anything).

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 03:36 PM
On average, people bluff much less frequently than we give them credit for. Just think how often a good TAG bluffs and semi-bluffs. The calling stations and donkeys will bluff with no where near that level of frequency. The maniacs will, but they are easy to play against provided you can make a hand once in a while.

jtr
12-22-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think the OP's play is fine up until the call of the flop min-raise.