PDA

View Full Version : $11 - 5 left, TT on button facing a preflop raise

Cassidy
12-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Pre-bubble, no specific reads on preflop raiser although he liked to play flops so he had been fairly active.

***** Hand History for Game 3243774131 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:18501401 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Thursday, December 22, 12:16:29 ET 2005
Table Table 67140 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: ninerguy422 ( $3935 )
Seat 4: Hero ( $950 )
Seat 7: kingpinwynne ( $570 )
Seat 9: Macoy77 ( $1110 )
Seat 10: KifferV2 ( $1435 )
Trny:18501401 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
There is no Small Blind in this hand as the Big Blind of the previous hand left the table.
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ts Th ]
Macoy77 raises [450].
KifferV2 folds.
ninerguy422 folds.
Hero is all-In [950]
<font color="white">
kingpinwynne folds.
Macoy77 calls [500].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, Kh, 6h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
Macoy77 shows [ Ac, 6c ] three of a kind, sixes.
Hero shows [ Ts, Th ] two pairs, tens and sixes.
Macoy77 wins 2050 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, sixes.
Hero finished in fifth place.</font>

Running out of time with blinds hitting 200/100 when they next hit me. If I had been the SB then I may have tried a stop and go since I expected that there was a very high chance that villain would be calling my all-in.

I had to make a stand somewhere and try and get some chips. Did I make the right move?

12-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Looks fine to me. I think you're clearly ahead of his range, which, if he's been fairly active, is probably something like 77+, A8+, KQ+. You could possibly add a few hands to the bottom of that range too. I only folding TT here to a single raise if I have a good read that the villain has nothing worse than JJ or AQ. Even then, I'd tend to gamble.

xJMPx
12-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I think you have to lay this down, but it is close.

If you push, you are going to get called because he’s committed almost half of his stack already. If you assume he’s calling, he has to be raising here with a range loser than top 10% (55+,ATo+,A8s+,KQs). With the raise coming from UTG do you see him being looser than this?

A read is very important; you say he’s been active seeing lots of flops, but, does this mean he’s been limping a lot or raising a lot?

Another consideration is if there are going to be opportunities to steal when you get the SB/Button? Has this been an active table?

pokergrader
12-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Standard. If you win this pot you will easily coast into the money based on the chip stacks, and you are definetly ahead of his raising range.

Cassidy
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you push, you are going to get called because he’s committed almost half of his stack already. If you assume he’s calling, he has to be raising here with a range loser than top 10% (55+,ATo+,A8s+,KQs). With the raise coming from UTG do you see him being looser than this?

A read is very important; you say he’s been active seeing lots of flops, but, does this mean he’s been limping a lot or raising a lot?

Another consideration is if there are going to be opportunities to steal when you get the SB/Button? Has this been an active table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it had been an active table, little chance to open a pot or attempt a steal. I figured that his range could be AA-66, AKs-A8s, KQs, AKo-ATo, with a small 10-15% chance that he may actually fold given that I'd been pretty tight and players are somewhat unpredictable at times. I figured maybe 40% a chance that I'd end up exiting the tourney, too much of a gamble?

I could have folded and waited for a better spot. Even if the blinds had passed me I'd still have 650 enough to give me a playable stack if I doubled through. I think I gambled too soon.

11t
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Yah, him raising like 1/3rd of his stack should be cause for some concern but I think TT is too strong to fold here even though you are gaurunteed a call.

Basically if you think he could be doing this with smaller pairs (like 77+) and weak aces (a8s+) than it is a push (or might as well be a call).

EDIT: After reading the results I think this is a bad beat thread.

bluef0x
12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it had been an active table, little chance to open a pot or attempt a steal. I figured that his range could be AA-66, AKs-A8s, KQs, AKo-ATo, with a small 10-15% chance that he may actually fold given that I'd been pretty tight and players are somewhat unpredictable at times. I figured maybe 40% a chance that I'd end up exiting the tourney, too much of a gamble?

I could have folded and waited for a better spot. Even if the blinds had passed me I'd still have 650 enough to give me a playable stack if I doubled through. I think I gambled too soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a loose table, this is a VERY easy push... and even at a moderate table I'd still push. You don't have a lot of chips, and you were clearly ahead of his range here. 650 chips is going to require a very tight table so that you can steal. You rather push 650 chips with junk than right now with a great hand? Makes no sense... you're being results oriented