PDA

View Full Version : Is Bad Santa the best Christmas movie ever?

Clarkmeister
12-22-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.animegaiden.com.br/blogs/bell/archives/bad_santa.jpg

Jack of Arcades
12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
A Charlie Brown Christmas

JordanIB
12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
polltard

diebitter
12-22-2005, 12:31 PM
A Christmas Story (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4030672&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1) and it's not even close.

12-22-2005, 12:32 PM
national lampoons, clark.

Soul Daddy
12-22-2005, 12:36 PM
It's pretty [censored] awesome. I forget about it when discussing Christmas movies, because I watch it all of the time.

12-22-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A Christmas Story (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4030672&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1) and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

For this jew, its Bad Santa. I'll agree with '...and it's not even close" though

Shajen
12-22-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

Hornacek
12-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Kid: Why do you need a car?
Willie: What the fvck are you talking about?
Kid: This car.
Willie: Which turn is it?
Kid: Sage Terrace. Where's your sleigh?
Willie: It's in the shop, getting repaired.
Kid: Where are the reindeer?
Willie: I stabled them. Is it left or right?
Kid: That way. Where's the stable?
Willie: Next to the shop.
Kid: How do they sleep?
Willie: Who? The reindeer? Standing up.
Kid: But the noise. How do they sleep?
Willie: What noise?
Kid: From the shop.
Willie: They only work during the day, all right?
Kid: I thought it was always night at the North Pole.
Willie: Well, not now. Right now it's always day.
Kid: Then how do they sleep?
Willie: Oh, shlt. Sage Terrace. What is it with you, anyway? Somebody drop you on your fvcking head?
Kid: On *my* head?
Willie: Well, yeah. What, are they gonna drop you on somebody else's head?
Kid: How can they drop me onto my own head?
Willie: No, not *onto* your... Would... God damn it! Are you fvcking with me?

"Look, I've boned alot of fat chicks in my time, sure. But, as far back as I can remember, I've never fornicated anybody."

To answer OP's question, YES, and it's not even close.

ChipWrecked
12-22-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

CollinEstes
12-22-2005, 12:58 PM
My inlaws have never seen a Christmas Story. Blasphemy.

RunDownHouse
12-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Nostalgia shouldn't blind you to the brilliance of Bad Santa. As I sit alone on Christmas Eve, I will definitely keep a bottle of whiskey near at hand and pop this in.

ChipWrecked
12-22-2005, 01:02 PM
It's a great flick, no question. But the genius of Ralphie rules all Christmas movies.

diebitter
12-22-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nostalgia shouldn't blind you to the brilliance of Bad Santa. As I sit alone on Christmas Eve, I will definitely keep a bottle of whiskey near at hand and pop this in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched both in the last 2 weeks. Christmas Story stamps on the bollocks of bad santa, and then dumps the body. (oh and Christmas Vacation pwns it too EDIT: And Trading Places too).

tdarko
12-22-2005, 01:05 PM
this movie is in my top three favorite comedies, so yeah its my favorite christmas movie.

p.s. i have actually seen the spanish version you pictured (w/o subtitles).

CollinEstes
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched both in the last 2 weeks. Christmas Story stamps on the bollocks of bad santa, and then dumps the body. (oh and Christmas Vacation pwns it too).

[/ QUOTE ]

Christmas story is timeless humor. Plus I don't think you could label a movie the best Christmas movie ever if no kids can watch it.

Blarg
12-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Bad Santa is really fun stuff. I thought I wouldn't like it since it was so overhyped, and since most comedies kinda suck anyway. But I got a real kick out of this one.

Besides, it's a movie that encourages you to drink and f*ck and stick it in poopers on Christmas. What could be better than that? Talk about bringing families together!

Cubswin
12-22-2005, 01:18 PM
A Charlie Brown Kawanzaa (http://mostoffensivevideo.com/)

westside_eh
12-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Bad Santa was hilarious.

However the correct answer is the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439856/)...and it's not even close.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000C21G7W.01-A25UEPKZCB0F3D._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

jaxUp
12-22-2005, 01:27 PM
surprised to see a Muppets Christmas Carol not mentioned. I always liked that one. However, I do believe that Bad Santa is better.

Soul Daddy
12-22-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
surprised to see a Muppets Christmas Carol not mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? It's not a list of everyone's favorite movie, it's a yes or no question.

jaxUp
12-22-2005, 01:34 PM
SoulDaddy,

I just thought since people posted this

[ QUOTE ]
A Charlie Brown Christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

and this

[ QUOTE ]
national lampoons

[/ QUOTE ]

and this

[ QUOTE ]
A Christmas Story and it's not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

and this

[ QUOTE ]
the Trailer Park Boys Christmas Special

[/ QUOTE ]

that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that somebody would mention a movie other than Bad Santa.

Blarg
12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Actually it's stretched so far from the original question it's getting kinda silly.

A Christmas special does not a Christmas movie make. If it does, How the Grinch Stole Christmas wtfPWN!!!'s you all.

Soul Daddy
12-22-2005, 01:42 PM
I know, I was just hoping to curb that noise and get back to talking about how fantasticly funny Bad Santa is.

Nothing is funnier than the scene in the car, posted above. But this line always makes me giggle too.

[ QUOTE ]
I beat the [censored] out of some kids today, but it was for a purpose. It made me feel good about myself. It was like I did something constructive with my life or something, I dunno, like I accomplished something.

[/ QUOTE ]

jaxUp
12-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I really enjoy his exchanges with the kids in the mall

"You wanna see some magic? Here, let's watch you disappear."

"I don't give a [censored] what you want; blowing snot on everybody."

12-22-2005, 03:24 PM
i thought this was just absolutely hilarious, i can watch it repeatedly, so yes it is

wayabvpar
12-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I was not a big fan of Bad Santa- it just seemed like they tried too hard to make Billy Bob a total [censored], and seemed more mean than funny. I did enjoy Lauren Graham quite a bit. Pity she didn't nude up though.

drewjustdrew
12-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Bad Santa joins a list of movies taking place at Christmas time that are not Christmas movies. Others include Die Hard and Silent Night, Deadly Night.

Christmas is just an unimportant premise to the story in all of these movies. You could remove it from any of these and not miss a beat.

Blarg
12-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Don't agree. The whole premise of their robbery biz is seasonal/Xmas. And "Bad Dude" doesn't have the transgressive fun to it that "Bad Santa" does. Call me sentimental, but there's just something special about a Santa who bangs whores up the pooper.

Riverman
12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
"You wanna see a migic trick kid?" [throws kid off his lap] "There, you disappeared"

The girl he bangs in the hot tub is kinda hot too

RunDownHouse
12-22-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Christmas is just an unimportant premise to the story in all of these movies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering its the entire premise, I'm just going to assume you've never actually watched Bad Santa.

jaxUp
12-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Who sings "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" in this movie? I really enjoy it.

kipin
12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
It is a damn good movie, you reminded me of this so when I was out Christmas shopping today I decided to pick it up for myself on DVD.

I'm going to watch it tonight and get into the spirit of Christmas.

WLVRYN
12-22-2005, 10:58 PM
F*ck me santa! F*ck me santa! F*ck me santa!

Lauren Graham is hot.

Clarkmeister
12-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Bing?

Jett Rink
12-23-2005, 03:59 AM
"What is it with you and f**kin sandwiches?"

Also when the midget gets knocked down in the boxing ring and literally bounces always cracks me up.

And lastly Lauren Graham is stunning.

MaxPower
12-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Has anybody every figured out why that kid, Thurman, keeps talking about the talking walnut? I don't know what the talking walnut is, but it is hilarious.