PDA

View Full Version : Please Use a Hand Converter When Posting hands

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
My eyes are bleeding from trying to decipher raw hand histories. The FAQ (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3268411&an=0&page=0#Post 3268411) has a link to a converter. Please use it. That is all.

Morrek
12-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Agreed. I often ignore posts which don't use this just because it's so annoying to read raw HH

tripp0807
12-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Those of us who play at Full Tilt cannot comply, unless someone is aware of a recent revelation.

Notwithstanding the above, FTP players should please recreate HH's using the graemlins to make things easier.

Morrek
12-22-2005, 12:16 PM
My first couple months here I posted my hands doing everything manually from prima's hand history, that works great too, just adding /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif and potsizes on all streets really help alot when you're reading

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Add /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif, pot size on every street and bold player and villain stack sizes would be fine. The raw history with chat box comments is just too mind numbing. Many discussion worthy hands get lost because people give up trying to decipher them.

webmonarch
12-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Let me bump by strongly supporting this as well.

Kyriefurro
12-22-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My first couple months here I posted my hands doing everything manually from prima's hand history

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been doing the same thing for the last 3 months or so. What's interesting is how often I answer my own question while I'm typing out the hand. Apparently the process of writing it out triggers the use of a different part of the brain...a part that's more logical and mathematcial and which plays poker much better than the rest of the brain /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beavens
12-22-2005, 01:50 PM
don't forget to select the 2+2 format when using the converter, as well.

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Before I post a hand (and admittedly I don't post enough), I will go over pre-flop and each street and anticipate what posters will suggest and how I would respond. That's where I think most of the learning occurs. The posters here usually validate what we already know, but either did not see or are afraid to admit.

I like hands that aren't standard or bad beats (brag) posts. My favorite hand is a double paired board with hero holding a pocket over pair. Playing the river there is what poker is all about. You have to make a read on your and then decide on a course of action (bet, check, c/r,cf,bet/3-bet) that is most likely to take down the pot.