PDA

View Full Version : I hate folding big pockets on the flop...

12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
CO is an idiot who will call or bet with nothing, 50/25/9.5 (yes, 9.5). The SB however, while loose preflop, plays well post flop (45/15/2).

Much of any chance I'm ahead? I normally hate folding big pockets on the flop, but he just led into me after I capped it preflop, as well as into the idiot that 3-bet preflop.

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

What I did:
<font color="white"> I raised the flop, got called by the CO and SB. On the turn the SB checked. I felt suspicious and checked behind him and the CO bet (means nothing), but the SB raised and I knew I was beat.</font>

kiddo
12-22-2005, 11:13 AM
U cant fold 2nd pair, u have to call, if I was him, I would bet a middle pocketpair in this spot. If u hit turn u will probably win 23 times the call on flop.

Yesterday I had KK at 2 tables at same time, both flops was Axx and mulitway. I folded on turn in both hands.

12-22-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If u hit turn u will probably win 23 times the call on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if I'd had the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif calling would have been easy, but given one of my outs made the flush, I wasn't as keen on considering making trips as useful.

I think seeing the turn is required, the question was then raise or call on the flop and then what's my plan for the turn on a flush or non-flush card?

kiddo
12-22-2005, 01:05 PM
raise flop, check turn, call river.

Fold if he bets turn.

climber
12-22-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise flop, check turn, call river.

Fold if he bets turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this line sometimes...now only if I could get better at that check the turn part.

kiddo...you do the same with KK on your two Axx flops yesterday?