PDA

View Full Version : AQ at no foldem holdem.

winky51
12-22-2005, 10:48 AM
2/2 No Foldem Holdem

UTG limps, I raise in MP1 with AdQs, MP2 cold calls, BUT cold calls, BB completes

UTG, MP2, BUT: weak
BB: decent player. I can tell he has read a few books by his hand selections and aggressiveness. He bets middle pairs into 1-2 fish.

Whats the best move here.

UTG, MP1 (hero) MP2, BUT, BB to see flop:

FLOP: Ks Qd 3d

BB bets, I call with 2 backdoors and middle pair, EVERYONE calls.

TURN: FLOP: Ks Qd 3d 7d

BB bets, I raise, MP2 cold calls, BUT cold calls, BB folds.

RIVER is not important.

Maybe this thinking is wrong so I pass it by you guys.

By the way BB was betting I had a feeling he had a medium or weak K on the flop, probably a hand like KTs-K8s. I didnt think he had a draw because he had to assume I would raise with this board with AQ or better, thus destroying his odds for a draw if the others folded. This player is aggressive and bets a lot of hands. I also didnt think he had KQ because then he would check raise the table knowing I would bet on a flop like this and I had a Q already.. I called for the 2 backdoors and the overcard. When the turn came he bet again. Since I had the draw to the nuts I thought I would raise. I didnt think he would 3 bet me as my hand range in this situation is dangerous, the flush, KQ, KKK, QQQ. I didnt think a fish would reraise me since they couldnt have the nut flush. I figured by raising maybe the BB folds his weak K and makes me the best hand. It was a semibluff against him. The other 2 player were not important as they could show a hand like middle/bottom pair here so many times. If I just called then a fish would raise the made flush anyways and I would have to call there too. Why not raise to increase my chances to win by possibly knocking out the BB which can fold a weak K.

Logical or did I overthink this hand too much? The play felt strange from a betting/math perspective but felt correct when I considered the players. Does that make any sense? Also I can't believe I thought of all this at the table within the 2 seconds it took the BB to bet and me to grab my chips.