PDA

View Full Version : Don't know much, but I know I have trips; Party 1-2

noir
12-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I don't have much experience with NL cash games, nor am I playing with an HUD right now. The CO hadn't been at the table for very long, so I don't have any reads.

So in many ways, I'm flying by feel right now. I have copious shorthanded limit hands under my belt, so my feel for online play is well honed, but I know that I'm fumbling around with regard to NL, and I'd like to learn more.

If I happened to do anything right here, I'd appreciate the reinforcement of my instinct but also like to know what supports it technically. If I committed any major atrocities or minor mistakes, feel free to rip my play apart so that it might become whole.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

MP ($182.85)
CO ($111.78)
Button ($133.91)
SB ($52.68)
Hero ($256.20)
UTG ($0)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($7) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls $6, Button calls $6.

Turn: ($31) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, CO calls $22, Button folds.

River: ($75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, CO moves in, Hero calls $54.78.

Final Pot: $154.78

JustToast
12-22-2005, 11:26 AM
No reads/stats always blows in a situation like this...

You've represented a 6 by your flop raise and turn bet. When he calls that turn, you can be pretty confident that he's got you beat and is slowplaying or looking for a cheap showdown with a K to keep you honest (donkish but possible).

I'm thinking opponent has KK, K6, A6 here. With $75 in the pot at the river and only $75 left in opponent's stack, I don't think theres any way he's not putting his $$ in the pot. If I had a read, I could find check/fold to a strong bet in this. As played, I say push the river and put him to the test since you know you're calling his push. At least you still have a bit of folding equity on that line.

12-22-2005, 11:54 AM
What did you put him on when he called your raise on the flop. That raise usually folds the table. When it doesn't, the first thing you do is look at your kicker. an 8 is a weak kicker.
Given the weak kicker, you should have planned your next two bets so that you got to the river without putting too much money in the pot. That's how i'd play it. ie Turn $15, and River check call or 1/2 pot bet.
Discretion is the greater part of valor.