PDA

View Full Version : QQ, should I have been able to find a fold on the turn here

12-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Villain is verging on being a maniac, stats are 63/32/1.45 (and goes to SD over 50%). Also villain is winning (over 45% W$WSF). Nice big pot, never really any scare cards, but villain 3 bets my turn raise after I have shown aggression on PF and flop. I pulled in my tail and called down from here, and against a different opponent, I probably would have folded figuring a set or trips, but I just couldn't to this guy. Of course he was playing T5 off and won with trip 5's and ticked me off to no end.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 players)
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.20 BB

xenthebrain
12-22-2005, 10:06 AM
In this huge pot against a maniac? No way I would fold the queens.
You almost get odds to draw to your FH there,
and on the river you'd have to be ahead like 5% of the time.
Against a maniac you cannot ever be 95% sure that you are beaten.

The Goober
12-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I play it the same. If UTG+1 wasn't in there, I might just call the turn, call the river, but it's hard not to raise with him hanging around. You definately can't fold against this guy - maniacs get paid off when they hit, it's just how it goes.