PDA

View Full Version : Tight player small pair in EP

Supern
12-22-2005, 08:33 AM
1. Does tight players (VPIP -20%) limp the small pairs in early position often (88-22)? Do I have to be afraid of them against the tight player in EP?

Assuming low limit, many limpers, passive preflop.
I seldom limp with 55-22 in EP at all.

An example: the flop is AT3 rainbow and the tight EP player bets the pot and the 2 loose players fold and you are having ATs.
I would typically put him on AK-Q, AJs, TT if he's a solid player. But because I have a T the TPGK hands are more likely. I wouldn't put him on 33 as often.

Then if I raise him and he goes all-in with his big stack it is of course a possibility.

2. If he goes all-in, what kind of hand do you put him on now?

I would say AK, TT or 33 assuming big stacks on both of you.
AK is probably the least possible now.

PinkSteel
12-22-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An example: the flop is AT3 rainbow and the tight EP player bets the pot and the 2 loose players fold and you are having ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play small stakes, and limp small pairs EP all the time, the more so at passive tables because I less fear a steep raise behind. And I don't fear oversets, it just happens too seldom. I only slow down to a board offering an obviously better hand.

That said, if I hold ATs and the flop comes AT3 rainbow, I'm going to lose a bundle to 33. That's a strong hand on a pretty dry board; 33 played skillfully will get it in by the river.