PDA

View Full Version : Buying in Bulk?

Talk2BigSteve
12-22-2005, 02:52 AM
In my house there is only me, my mother, my sister, and my nephew.

So I can think of no good reason as to why I purchased 144 rolls of Angel Soft Toilet Tissue except for the fact that it was only $18. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Who else buys in bulk and what the hell do you buy?

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dynasty
12-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Gay people use toilet paper too? I didn't know that.

I live alone and will buy 24 rolls at a time. That seems comparable.

captZEEbo1
12-22-2005, 03:06 AM
one time they had canned corn for 12 cents / can, so I bought 75 cans I think....bad idea, I still have them and it's been over a year and I gave some away too

Talk2BigSteve
12-22-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gay people use toilet paper too? I didn't know that.

I live alone and will buy 24 rolls at a time. That seems comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we just hop over into the shower and use one of these...
http://www.extremerestraints.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/le776.jpg

The Shur Shot Shower Enema System has been improved!

This enema system comes with a 3 way diverter which allows the water to run through your shower head as well as the enema nozzle. This way, you can keep warm while you receive your enema.
This enema kit now includes a free narrow nozzle.
New, longer 6 foot hose makes your enema time much more convenient.
You use the shower knob to regulate the force of water through the hose into their ass. This allows for a more gradual and comfortable enema experience.
This is a very neat enema system. It's douche/enema nozzle is outfitted for use as a shower attachment. The large nozzle is 5 inches (15cm) long and the other is 3.5 inches. Attach your enema nozzle/tip to the 6-foot (2m) metal hose. On the other end of the hose is a valve which is designed to screw into your shower. Both your shower head and the enema nozzle will be tied to the water supply. The valve will direct the water flow to the nozzle and to the shower head.

jonoo
12-22-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So I can think of no good reason as to why I purchased 144 rolls of Angel Soft Toilet Tissue except for the fact that it was only $18. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
where did you get that from? costco?

Talk2BigSteve
12-22-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
where did you get that from? costco?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam's Club.

12-22-2005, 03:34 PM
I live alone, and will probably go out and buy them. I mean 10 for 24, or 18 for 144, seems simple to me if you have the room for all the TP.

12-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I live alone and used to buy in bulk, but it created a cash flow problem (since Costco only takes AMEX, I had to cut a check.) Also had to throw out some food, which I hate doing. Don't go there much any more unless I have something specific in mind.

When I did buy in bulk, I'd buy just about everything....food, drinks, alcohol, batteries, supplies, etc.

ScottieK

Blarg
12-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I do. If something is on sale that I know I'm gonna eat, I buy a ton of it.

The basic bulk items I'll buy the most are noodles(spaghetti, linguini), spaghetti sauce and other tomato/tomato sauce products(canned tomatoes are good in soups and chili etc.), and rice.

Also if tuna fish, decent canned soups or non-awful chili is on sale, or toilet paper, that too.

And I've filled my freezer with salmon and chicken and steaks at time. I always buy the huge packs, several at a time if they're on sale. I know I'm gonna love eating 'em, and I like getting 'em cheap.

Also I've bought cases of soda at a time, and whole shopping carts full of sparkling water.

Basically if I'm gonna eat it at some point, I might as well get it when it's much cheaper. And it's very cool to have a bunch of stuff to choose from to eat. It sucks when you've got like one thing to eat and if you don't want to eat it, you eat nothing or have to make a 2:00 a.m. run somewhere for food.

Also, I'll buy huge amounts of canned kidney beans, green beans, and chickpeas (garbanzo beans) if they're on sale, because I love having them around for a nice cold salad. I usually use all three as a base for a salad with lots of stuff that I keep in the fridge and gnaw on here and there for days at a time.

MrWookie47
12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I buy in bulk all the time, and I live alone. I buy just about anything in bulk if I'm confident I'll use it before it goes bad (or never goes bad). Tooth paste, soap, detergent, toilet paper, beer, onions, some frozen stuff...

Buying in bulk means I have to buy the crap less often.

4_2_it
12-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Standard for toliet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, popcorn, bottled water and breakfast cereals.

Reqtech
12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
My food bulk items are frozen chicken breasts, ground beef, tuna steaks, pork loin, strawberries, and rice.

Aces McGee
12-22-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
strawberries

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-McGee

12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Married with 3 teenagers (well, almost, 15,14,12). I have to buy in bulk each week just to keep us fed.

Funny story from a few years back. My wife's brother was visiting, he's a single guy and doesn't drink skim milk (our normal milk). We go to the store and buy him a 1/2 gallon. He looks at the expiration date on the milk, it's like in 2 weeks...

Art: "Geez, I don't understand why they even sell milk in more than 1/2 gallon sizes, no one will ever drink it before it goes bad."

Me: "Art, we've got 3 kids, we'll go through a 1/2 gallon at dinner tonight."

12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Your teenagers must think you're awesome when you tell that story to their friends.

BottlesOf
12-22-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your teenagers must think you're awesome when you tell that story to their friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Reqtech
12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
strawberries

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

6 lb bag of frozen strawberries for $7. Great for snacks, fruit salad, or mixed drinks.

MrTrik
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Chicken wings. Bottled water. Various drink mixes and pop. All paper and laundry products. Olive oil. Canned veggies - but only if separately packaged. Peanut butter and jelly.

I'm not finatical but if I use a product a a pretty regular basis and can save money buying a bunch at once I do it. The only real issue for me is spoilage. My off-kitchen storage closet (Pantry) is a walk in and is huge so space is never an issue.

tonypaladino
12-22-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously laughed for about 3 minutes.

RacersEdge
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
This is becoming my pet peeve. HAlf the time I go to buy TP it's only in the massive 6 count of Charmin. Way too big.

And Edge shaving gel was the same - I don't want the huge can that get's knocked over all the time just because I save 2 cents an ounce.

Yobz
12-22-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing.