PDA

View Full Version : Suit Jacket with Jeans? (Inspired by TT)

12-22-2005, 02:49 AM
So I have a dark charcoal suit jacket with subtle dark blue pinstripes. I may want to wear this in a casual setting. What are the odds that this works?

I am thinking of wearing it with a pair of dark guess jeans, a white logo tee, and my black leather casualish shoes. Would this be the correct idea behind a successful outfit? How would I tell if this [censored] was working or ridiculous? Feel free to inquire about any missing details or if I have "X" in my wardrobe.

Also, I basically either put product in my hair to make the ladies love it or wear a red sox hat. I assume that I have to do the former and not the latter with this look?

Perrier

Claunchy
12-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Skip the logo tee and wear a real shirt (i.e., one with buttons). Other than that you're fine.

Oh, and no way should you wear a cap.

shant
12-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Did you see in the TT thread the t-shirt I posted with the blazer? Most t-shirts will work with a blazer and look cool and casual, but I'd avoid a white tee. I'd go with a color that compliments the colors in the suit. Think like the color tie you'd wear with the suit and go with a t-shirt with those colors.

You should definitely comb your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

uw_madtown
12-22-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely gel your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that hair gel is tied to douchebag frat boys, but I defend the use for the following reasons:

1) As long as you don't use much, it looks good -- my hair never looks good combed, ever.
2) Most chicks like the slightly-gelled look. At worst, they won't totally write you off.
3) If you aren't a douchebag frat boy, that'll come across pretty quickly.

And while this argument works for gelled hair, it doesn't work for popped collars.

12-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Nothing says douchebag fratboy more than a baseball hat with a blazer.

shant
12-22-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You should definitely use pomade in your hair instead of wearing a hat with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edtost
12-22-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that hair gel is tied to douchebag frat boys, but I defend the use for the following reasons:

1) As long as you don't use much, it looks good -- my hair never looks good combed, ever.
2) Most chicks like the slightly-gelled look. At worst, they won't totally write you off.

And while this argument works for gelled hair, it doesn't work for popped collars.

[/ QUOTE ]

wax >>> gel.

Aloysius
12-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Perrier - a suit jacket or blazer with a button-down shirt and jeans is a very standard look. T-shirt I'm not a big fan of, but many guys do it and pull it off just fine.

Pomade >>>> Gel because it is more subtle looking (the product is not as visible in the hair) and the hold is just as strong.
http://www.jasonshankey.co.uk/ProductImages/crew_pomade_300.jpg

This stuff works well.

Gayily,
-Al

Edit - I don't actually use Crew pomade, but Crew "forming cream", which is basically the same thing I think.

uw_madtown
12-22-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wax >>> gel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, since I haven't given wax/pomade a shot yet. Will have to remember to pick some up soon to give it a try.

runner4life7
12-22-2005, 03:48 AM
i actually have that exact thing of pomade and that made me smile. thanks

TheMetetron
12-22-2005, 03:53 AM
I wear blazers with jeans all the time (usually with a button down shirt, but sometimes with a t-shirt a la shant). It looks fine. No baseball cap though.

12-22-2005, 06:00 AM
All,

Thanks, I will consider the types but once I put on the jacket the cut is pretty bad for this purpose I think. Much too long. I have another jacket from Guess that is specifically designed for this use and it fits my form much better etc. Was just considering using the suit jacket in the same way but with this particular jacket I think that sucks.

Also, I use like a transforming paste in my hair. It is better than gel and the stuff disappears once you put it in the hair like the other stuff mentioned in this thread. I am sure they are nearly the same thing. Oh, and I may or may not be a member of a fraternity.

Perrier

private joker
12-22-2005, 07:40 AM
http://www.beautysleuth.co.uk/images/KMS/HAIRPLAY_molding_paste_300.jpg