PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a set, board showing flush draw

12-22-2005, 02:11 AM
First post here, so I apologize for my newbness. Tried searching for a similiar situation with no success. Unfortunately, I also don't have the hand history. Fortunately it's a fairly simple round, so I'll try to make it as clear and concise as I can by hand.

5-handed game, I'm on the button.

I'm dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Two limpers come in ahead of me, and I make the standard 6*BB bet. I get two callers: one has about the same size stack, the other is about 1.5 times my stack. This is only about my 5th hand at the table; neither appear to be LAG, and are probably either TAG or TP.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Both check.

What should I do? Blocking bet doesn't seem to make much sense if they're one /images/graemlins/heart.gif away from the flush. I can push and hope that no one is slow-playing the flush he flopped, or I can check and play wait and see.

Thoughts?

12-22-2005, 02:26 AM
What limit is this? You can't check this flop and let someone with a heart get a free card. I would make around a pot-sized bet and be ready to go all-in if I were check-raised. Even if Villian flopped a flush, you can make your full house and beat him.

12-22-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What limit is this?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is micro-stakes NL on PStars.

DJ Sensei
12-22-2005, 02:38 AM
If they both check to you, 2/3 the pot bet, call or 3-bet a checkraise. I have no problem getting it all in here on the flop, as you'll get somebody with a draw just as often as somebody who flopped it. If somebody were to check-call the flop, and check-raise a blank turn, then i'd get more suspicious.

12-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, I just did the math, and being aggressive here seems like a no-brainer. Assuming my math is sane, there's about an 8% chance that one of them will have two hearts; around 30% that I'll make a boat or quads by the river.

I do wonder if raising less than a PSB is too little -- I was thinking more along the lines of 3/2 or 2 * PSB, to ensure that someone with one /images/graemlins/heart.gif doesn't call. Or is that over-committing on a hand that's not the nuts?

12-22-2005, 10:37 AM
At micro limits, you are not getting the person with the Kh out of the hand anyways. So bet and bet strong, and hope you boat up. If you dont feel comfortable doing that, your gonna have to fold the flop. Ouch. Even if the guy told ya he had a made flush, would you continue with the hand? At micro levels, I think I would. This same thought process is what can make you alot of money since the Kh will call and call chasing the four card flush.

12-22-2005, 12:24 PM
I am inclined to agree with that.

Would you guys play it different at all if I was UTG?

PinkSteel
12-22-2005, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't. Pot the flop.

12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am inclined to agree with that.

Would you guys play it different at all if I was UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think UTG would almost be a better position to be in in this particular hand. By leading out, you are could be representing so many different hands, that you might get the other ace as action, the flush draw action, or someone that just doesnt want you to buy the pot. Leading first can also allow you to make a turn/river decision if you are re-raised etc.

So, if UTG, I still lead and play it strong. IMO

12-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Here's what happened:

I checked. Another /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes out /images/graemlins/frown.gif UTG min-raises, and UTG+1 bets the pot /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif I have no reason to think he's bluffing, so I fold to him, as does UTG.

Ah well. I'll play it differently next time. Thanks for the help guys.