PDA

View Full Version : My review of the "Ding King"

BruceZ
07-25-2003, 03:32 AM
I bought one of those products you see on TV to remove a dent from my car. You glue on a pulling tab, place a bridge over the tab, then tighten the tab to the bridge with a screw until it pops the dent. I was skeptical that glue would hold the pulling tab strongly enough to resist the force needed to pull out the dent. I figured the tab would break free of the glue first.

I used it on a tennis ball sized dent on my rear quarter-panel near the tailight. It took many iterations, but now the dent is much smaller. I doubt it would even be noticeable unless someone was looking for it. It wasn't as quick and easy as they make it look in the commercials. I spent a couple of hours. They do say that several iterations may be needed, and if the dent is too sharp or on a corner that it cannot be completely removed. I wouldn't say my dent was that sharp, but it was near a corner, and it was only the sharpest part that I couldn't completely get out. It might work much better for dents near the center of a panel. The glue was easy to clean up. Anyway, for 40 bucks it beats going to the body shop, drilling holes, or hammering and applying bondo.

I also got some of that GS47 scratch remover. It seemed to help a little bit, but not perfectly like in the commercials, at least not on the somewhat thick scratches I tried it on.

Anyone have any advise to make this work better?

I have nothing to do with this product except as a customer.

Ding King (http://www.dingking.tv/?source=ov)