PDA

View Full Version : bad session #2

bad beetz
07-25-2003, 03:24 AM
I think this is routine, but I'll post it.

This is the next hand. I pick up A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the small blind.

UTG raises, FIVE CALLERS, I call? in SB. I think I had a clear raise here. BB calls. Seven to the flop

[ 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
sweet.

I check, BB bets. preflop raiser (Wall of Chips) raises. two cold callers. I three bet. BB folds, preflop raiser caps, all call.

Turn, no heart.

UTG bets, two callers, I call.

arod4276
07-25-2003, 06:55 AM
What hands would this player open raise with UTG? AA, KK,AK,QQ, JJ, something worse??? It depends on what kind of a read you have on the guy whether or not I reraise in the worst position. However with 5 callers, and the strength of your hand, and having hi suited connectors I would probably three bet given the implied odds, unless this guy is a total rock, and lead on the flop regardless.

arod

J.R.
07-25-2003, 12:51 PM
I'd 3-bet pre-flop as well. The flop and turn were played well. Sounds like you got no love on the river.

Ulysses
07-25-2003, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call? in SB. I think I had a clear raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, easy pre-flop raise.

JohnShaft
07-25-2003, 01:11 PM
If this is 3/6 Party, like the previous hand, I reraise preflop without even thinking about it, some of them guys raise on such cheese. Hell if the UTG guy shows me anything but AA I still reraise for sure with that many callers.

haakee
07-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Definitely raise preflop. Otherwise well-played.

hutz
07-25-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm gonna add to the consensus here -- you had an easy pre-flop 3-bet.