PDA

View Full Version : I used to push Ace rag as a semi-shortstack in early position ...

John Hurst
12-22-2005, 01:05 AM
With 6-8BB and Ace rag I used to push an unraised pot regardless of position. Now even with that short stack I'm looking for A8s or better to push UTG or UTG+1 and instead look for blind v. blind or late position opportunities. I don't have the calculations but experience has shown that picking up chips in late position is preferable to pushing a possibly dominated hand.

EasilyFound
12-22-2005, 01:07 AM
You ain't the only one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

durron597
12-22-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With 6-8BB and Ace rag I used to push an unraised pot regardless of position. Now even with that short stack I'm looking for A8s or better to push UTG or UTG+1 and instead look for blind v. blind or late position opportunities. I don't have the calculations but experience has shown that picking up chips in late position is preferable to pushing a possibly dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do with JTs? I'd rather push that than Axo.

John Hurst
12-22-2005, 01:16 AM
J10s with more than 6 people remaining and early position, I'm folding. Fewer people and better position it depends on chip stacks and tightness of the blinds.

12-22-2005, 01:42 AM
I've begun to fold less than AT in this situation. Like you said, easily dominated. I'd much rather push two small cards as they are probably live if called. Not saying I would always push crap like this, just that i'd rather do it than with A-rag.
However, this is when there are 6 or more players left, maybe even 5. I'm always pushing on bubble.

GtrHtr
12-22-2005, 02:54 AM
Its too late, you can't start posting more now. See your other thread.

pokerlaw
12-22-2005, 03:27 AM
I like to push w/ 10X BB from late position and some limpers, ESPECIALLY if i have seen them limp a lot. i play low levels on Stars though ($5-$33 depending), so more time to get a feel for who will call and who is likely to fold to a push like that.

12-22-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing an 8BB stack from UTG w/ hands like A6 is definately -EV. It does depend on the situation/blinds/number of players, but usually you can fold it. What do you do with hands like 55 there? KQ?

tigerite
12-22-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still calling Q5o with 7BB to a button push? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Just kidding John - this is good advice anyway, and is provable by ICM to be correct.

Snarf
12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Call me crazy...but I've seen good results pushing K x's... preferably good kings or suited kings...but even K4 o.... I'm usually in good shape against callers...on occassion I'm ahead of some donk calls. (QJish type hands)

I am having a love affair with Kx for pushing as shortie.

tewall
12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
88/ATs/AJo is my guess for UTG. 88 I'm pretty sure is close. I'm less sure about where to draw the Ace line, but I think I'm close here too. KQ I don't think will work. (Of course it will depend on the calling ranges, but assuming average ranges, I think this is about right for UTG).