PDA

View Full Version : Should Stars be sending me my transfer back?

chisness
12-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Yesterday I sent a friend $50, but then realized I sent it to his old account. I then sent another $50 to his new account and immediately emailed Stars to tell them to send back the original $50.

They claimed this wasn't possible and that my friend will need to email them from his registered email address. I haven't been able to contact the friend today, so it's still sitting there. It shouldn't be a big deal to have him email them, but it doesn't seem necessary.

Why can't they send it back since I INSTANTLY emailed them telling them to do so?

Seether
12-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Because when your making a transfer it says they will not get involved with reversals?

chisness
12-22-2005, 01:18 AM
It says they "[do] not intervene in disputes beteween players relating to transfers." This isn't a dispute like letting this player win a tournament and then transferring him half of what I owe. I emailed them before it even went through to send it back!

Voltron87
12-22-2005, 01:23 AM
right, but your friend hasnt contacted them to clarify that it isnt a dispute.

chisness
12-22-2005, 01:34 AM
True, but when the request is made before the transfer goes through, this should be an exception and they should send it back.

Nick-Zack
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM
YOu make deal with friend. You send him $X at Stars. He sends you $X at Party. YOu email Stars and reverse transfer. You cash out money at Party. You find new friend and repeat.

chisness
12-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Should've put all my $$ into a limit room so the xfer couldn't have gone through. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait.

Sciolist
12-22-2005, 12:21 PM
The transfers generally go through immediately. Also, when players agree on the table to split the winnings (without a host there), and one of them reneges, we generally WILL get involved.

chisness
12-22-2005, 01:16 PM
So there's no way this can be sent back unless he emails?

12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope not.

CCx
12-22-2005, 01:44 PM
if he's your friend, what's the problem with having him email stars to tell them to send back the $50 on the old account?

trainslayer
12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if he's your friend, what's the problem with having him email stars to tell them to send back the $50 on the old account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering why he was allowed to have and old account.
Or more correctly why a new account.

chisness
12-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Ugh -- apparently his mom changed the password on his new account so he was using a friend's account. His mom will now be sending me the money back later!

jman220
12-22-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh -- apparently his mom changed the password on his new account so he was using a friend's account. His mom will now be sending me the money back later!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless Stars finds out he and you are playing underage and confiscates the money...

timprov
12-22-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope they have some process for dealing with transfers mistakenly sent to the wrong user. What if you had typoed the name or something?

Sciolist
12-23-2005, 06:05 AM
The transfer also lists the player's location - you can double check before sending the transfer through.

boscoboy
12-23-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anybody else laugh when they read this?? mom changed his password?!? LOL