PDA

View Full Version : (OT) STTF Disabled List - I might become the best STT player in Iraq

John Hurst
12-22-2005, 12:59 AM
So I got my Christmas gift from the Bush Administration today. I am being called up from the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR) list to report for active duty training on January 16th and most likely eventual deployment to Iraq. There is still potential that I might not get assigned to a unit but I am going on the assumption that I am deploying. To answer questions I served 5 years as a lieutenant/captain from 1999-2003 and had 5 months remaining on the IRR list until my service was complete(bad beat). Will definitely be a lifestyle adjustment but I accepted the free education and these are the costs. I will of course keep the forum updated as possible.

Jman28
12-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Wow. Tough beat man. Best of luck, and if you do go, you will no doubt be the best STT player in Iraq.

johnnybeef
12-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Good luck dude. If you in fact have to go over, I do have some potentially good news; My boy just got back from being over for a year, and he said that all he ever did was "[censored] around on the internet."

wuwei
12-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Take care of yourself, man, and definitely keep us updated when possible.

SlackerMcFly
12-22-2005, 01:20 AM
John - Thank you for your service to our country!

I'm even more impressed with you now knowing that you have been (and will be) on the job helping to protect the world's freedoms and liberty. Good for you.

Be proud, stand strong. Americans are partial to excellent soldiers and I'm sure that you are both an American and an excellent soldier.

Slacker

GtrHtr
12-22-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I got my Christmas gift from the Bush Administration today. I am being called up from the Inactive Ready Reserve(IRR) list to report for active duty training on January 16th and most likely eventual deployment to Iraq. There is still potential that I might not get assigned to a unit but I am going on the assumption that I am deploying. To answer questions I served 5 years as a lieutenant/captain from 1999-2003 and had 5 months remaining on the IRR list until my service was complete(bad beat). Will definitely be a lifestyle adjustment but I accepted the free education and these are the costs. I will of course keep the forum updated as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

This is what you get for not posting more. It will seriously hurt your bankroll because officers can't (shouldn't) take money from Joe.

Anyway, the time away will only be bad at first, I think you'll find it somewhat fulfilling if you get to go "out." If you get assigned a computer, time will go by slooooowly. You'll have the internet but you won't be surfing 2+2.

PM me with your branch (not that it matters much anymore) and any other information and I'll see what I can find out. I'll pm you my phone number and I can offer advice, options and insight. I'm an 18+ year man, Infantry Officer, Airborne Ranger extraordinaire, many tours in the 82d, tours in places you are likely to go...etc. You're gonna have so much fun!!! jk.

Gtr

PS only the donks get killed.

vqchuang
12-22-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never post here, only lurk
But
for u
Good luck sir and I wish u the best.

Mr_J
12-22-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm even more impressed with you now knowing that you have been (and will be) on the job helping to protect the world's freedoms and liberty. Good for you.

Be proud, stand strong. Americans are partial to excellent soldiers and I'm sure that you are both an American and an excellent soldier.

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

This nearly made me throw up...

GL to OP.

12-22-2005, 03:38 AM
I echo most everyone else's sentiments.

Thank you and God bless.

bennies
12-22-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

GL to OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

lacky
12-22-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS only the donks get killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, the classic military catch 22.

only the donks get killed.....and if you get killed, your a donk.

GL John

skipperbob
12-22-2005, 08:55 AM
*What Slacker said*
God Speed

My highest regards to you and your Family

skipperbob
12-22-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

GL to OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ought to be ashamed of yourself....Thank God you're not going to *STTF-HUC-II*.....You now join a very small group of real pricks....My "Ignore this USER" List

Mr_J
12-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Whatever.

In case anyone took it the wrong way, it wasn't meant to offend the OP, any americans or anyone serving in the military. I just didn't like the tone in slackers post. I wouldn't have had any problem with a 'I have a great deal of respect, wish you the best' kind of post.

pooh74
12-22-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Tough beat man. Best of luck, and if you do go, you will no doubt be the best STT player in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I heard that Chemical Ali is great on the bubble.

JOhn, best of luck and come back safe if you go.

Newt_Buggs
12-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Wow, what a christmas present. Best of luck John and come back safe.

Scuba Chuck
12-22-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, the time away will only be bad at first, I think you'll find it somewhat fulfilling if you get to go "out." If you get assigned a computer, time will go by slooooowly. You'll have the internet but you won't be surfing 2+2.

PM me with your branch (not that it matters much anymore) and any other information and I'll see what I can find out. I'll pm you my phone number and I can offer advice, options and insight. I'm an 18+ year man, Infantry Officer, Airborne Ranger extraordinaire, many tours in the 82d, tours in places you are likely to go...etc. You're gonna have so much fun!!! jk.

Gtr

[/ QUOTE ]

The real question is, can you hook a brother up with a dual Dell 2001fp system while he's out there? I don't think I could handle working on a single monitor again. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Slim Pickens
12-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, gotta take the bad with the good I guess. Best of luck to you.

11t
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
You have my utmost respect sir.

Good luck.

valenzuela
12-22-2005, 10:02 PM
ouch. I sincerely hope u are fine.
on another note: those " god bless america" and " screw bush" comments are kinda unecessarry.

Nick M
12-22-2005, 10:13 PM
5 years and you get nailed now....that's soooooo wrong. Good luck dude!

Shilly
12-22-2005, 10:18 PM
STTF should be proud. Good luck.

Deuce2High
12-22-2005, 11:40 PM
John,

I frequently hailed you in our SnGs. I played on AllInLuckBox (Bot/Boy) back in the day and PwnasaurusX. Maybe now that you are leaving we should go hit up some local Dallas poker clubs together with Dave. PM me if you are interested. If not, best of luck in Iraq.

KenProspero
12-22-2005, 11:48 PM
May God bless you and your family.

You'll be in all our prayers for a safe return home.

12-23-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever.

In case anyone took it the wrong way, it wasn't meant to offend the OP, any americans or anyone serving in the military. I just didn't like the tone in slackers post. I wouldn't have had any problem with a 'I have a great deal of respect, wish you the best' kind of post.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the same reaction you did, and agree with the sentiment in this post.

Big Limpin'
12-23-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Slacker

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch much Fox News lately?

Daliman
12-23-2005, 02:42 AM
Gotta love Bush.

GL man.