PDA

View Full Version : $50NL Hand Comments?

CaptainNurple
12-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Comments?

My read on the big blind is that he's a mouse with jackal tendencies. He plays pretty tightly, but tends to make huge all-in bets with marginal hands like overpairs, etc.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

Full Table, but the ones who matter are:

UTG ($40.35)
Hero is UTG+1 ($65.65)
BB ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Blinds post $.25 and $.50.
UTG raises to $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($6) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB bets $3.00, UTG calls $3.00, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB re-raises to $15. UTG thinks too long and is folded. <font color="#CC3333">Hero thinks awhile and calls for $9 more</font>.

Turn: ($39) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB goes all-in for $33.00

I'd appreciate any thoughts on all stages of the hand. And what would ya'll do here?

Thanks guys.

12-22-2005, 12:19 AM
I play full-ring. However the 1st 4 seats folded here's what I would do.

Pre-flop. Raise more. I find myself in the same situation often. You have a decent hand and want to make a decent raise. Then somebody comes in with a mini-raise ahead of you. I think you should keep measure your raise so the pot odds for anyone calling behind you are aproximately what they would have been if instead of a mini-raiser we have 2 limpers. 4+1BB/limper = 6BB. Say $3 or at least $2.50.

Flop. Raise more. At least 2x the original raise, you have good hand. As played, maybe I call the 3-bet. But I'm definitely out of there by the turn. Smells a bit like a set to me.

TheRegulat0r
12-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Your pre-flop play is pretty atrocious. With no read on UTG, calling is better. If he opens light even UTG, make a legitimate re-raise, to something like $5. I can't think of any circumstances in which a min raise there is a good play.

Raise the flop to $12-15, not $6. You are inviting too much action in a pot you want to take down right here. You don't want to price in flush draws, you don't want 3 people seeing a turn, and you don't want to build a huge pot when you don't have the discipline to fold getting 3-1 or better when you are beat 99% of the time on a later street.

When BB sticks in that pot-pumping raise to $15 with 3 of you in the pot he has you crushed every time. Fold.

CaptainNurple
12-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I think I knew at the time that I was playing the had really badly, and yet, I continued anyway... Tilt I suppose...