PDA

View Full Version : How many friends of the opposite sex?

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 10:16 PM
What portion of all the "friends" of the opposite sex that you have are just friends? I'm talking about women/men you don't or wouldn't consider sleeping with. Thney're people you really just consider friends.

There may not be enough women here to make this interesting but I was curious about the results, and how they'd differ.

Yeti
12-21-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What portion of all the "friends" of the opposite sex that you have are just friends? I'm talking about women/men you don't or wouldn't consider sleeping with. Thney're people you really just consider friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can you give some examples? I'm really not following this idea.

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can you give some examples? I'm really not following this idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why it should have been 0-5%. "grin:

Basically, I think men consider [censored] pretty much all the women they're friends with, or would if they didn't have a eife/girlfriend. While women think a lot more of their male friends are "just friends".

Morrek
12-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Umm. Yeah. Pretty damn close to zero.

12-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I dont have many friends that are chicks, that I wouldnt rail, but I hang out with about a 60/40 ratio of guys to girls. Surround yourself with chicks that you dont plan on going home with, so the one you do want to go home with will dig ya.

ISF
12-21-2005, 10:47 PM
How can you put this poll up and not have zero as an answer.

fluorescenthippo
12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Basically, I think men consider [censored] pretty much all the women they're friends with, or would if they didn't have a eife/girlfriend. While women think a lot more of their male friends are "just friends".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true. and also reminds me of the ladder theory post i saw on here a few months ago.

http://www.laddertheory.com/

Gunny Highway
12-21-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you put this poll up and not have zero as an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw up. Pretend the 1-5% is 0-5%.

[censored]
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHA funny stuff man, women as just friends HHAHAHAHAHA

Thythe
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Isn't this from When Harry Met Sally. Something like "men and women can never be just friends"?

man
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I find that hot girls are selfish and make terrible friends about 90% of the time.

McGahee
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I've seriously never had any female friends. I don't get it - what do you talk about with somebody who doesn't like beer/sports/poker/pussy?

gorie
12-21-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seriously never had any female friends. I don't get it - what do you talk about with somebody who doesn't like beer/sports/poker/pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]
hair & makeup, duh.

McGahee
12-21-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hair & makeup, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if my hair sucks?

gorie
12-21-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hair & makeup, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if my hair sucks?

[/ QUOTE ]
then you get a female friend. ? pay attention.

uw_madtown
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my friends who happen to be girls like at least two of these things.

Plus there's always music, movies, current events, television.

That said, the number's still a low percentage.

Sponger15SB
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
I'd say 75% of my friends are female, uh but I'd do all of them. So I'm suppose to choose 1-5%?

mason55
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this from When Harry Met Sally. Something like "men and women can never be just friends"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part is trying to convince a girl friend that this is all true. I've done it a couple times and girls are in complete denial about it.

Skip Brutale
12-22-2005, 12:41 AM
I have some girl friends that I have no plans of trying to screw, like no matter how drunk I am. Basicaly because they are both my friend's ex's and aren't that hot. However, I would do both of them if they just threw themselves at me. So I guess I got 0% totaly platonic female friends.

ZeeJustin
12-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I posted a very similar poll to this a while back, but suck at the search function, and can only see my last 200 posts when I click on my name, so I can't link it.

Gunny Highway
12-22-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHAHA funny stuff man, women as just friends HHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

This is thr response I expected more of. Also, I think that when a guy is really "just friends" with a girl, there are generally just a couple of things that could have led to this situation.

1) She's really, really ugly so he wouldn't even bang her when drunk.

-or-

2) The two people probably have some kind of history together that make her unbangable.

-or-

3) He's gay.

Yeti
12-22-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say 75% of my friends are female

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic sign of being gay.

[ QUOTE ]
uh but I'd do all of them. So I'm suppose to choose 1-5%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic sign of being gay and in denial.

Blarg
12-22-2005, 08:20 AM
I've had huge sections of my life where almost all my friends were women. Just by numbers alone, that meant that 90% of them or better I wouldn't want to sleep with. Since they were friends, I didn't choose them based on looks, and looks count in who I'd want to nail. Plus I believe in the old rule of you don't poop where you eat, and trying to nail your friends is usually not that good of an idea, because even if you don't get attached, they will, no matter what they say or how they try to play it off different. This is especially true if they start out as friends, because there's more between you. There are rare exceptions, but they're not usually worth risking a friendship over. Besides, female friends sometimes try to get you together with other girls anyway and give you glowing reviews and invaluable chick-friend-network approval, so there's no reason to Tony Montana it up and snort your own coke.

These "women can't be friends" lines that are going on lately have truth in them for many people, but that's in large part because they can't handle themselves and are out of their depth extending themselves in any way. For them, admitting the truth about their interactions and implementing dumbed down simplistic rules and outlooks 4 teh winzor. Whatever works.

But women can be both the best friends and the worst enemies; you're bound to see the bad part, so you might as well not cheat yourself and see the good, too. The only problem is you keeping your dick in your pants and remember what a friend really is, which is pretty over the top impossible for a lot of guys.

Unfortunately, this "new wisdom" with its overtones of some darwinistic natural order of things is surprisingly similar to the most socially retarded anti-sex muslim and old-timey Christian attitudes toward sex and winds up being effectively the same, encouraging people segregating themselves off and proclaiming it a victory and part of the natural God-given order of things instead of an admission of failure and fear, and a closing off of possibilities.

You can still screw women and have them as friends too. You just have to step up your game a little.

Mr_J
12-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Most of my friends are female, and they're all girls I'm attracted to. So I've either hooked up with them or plan to.

Gunny Highway
12-22-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of my friends are female, and they're all girls I'm attracted to. So I've either hooked up with them or plan to.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine, but then they're not "just friends". So you chose 1-5%.

Vavavoom
12-22-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if I looked through my phone and took out female relatives numbers....I would/ or have hooked up with 75-80%...the other 20% would probably want to hook up with me but I wouldn't....

I think any straight guy would probably never turn down a free ride....

Gunny Highway
12-22-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can still screw women and have them as friends too. You just have to step up your game a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. The point of this wasn't that you can't be friends with women. It was more that men don't think of women as "just friends" that they don't consider banging.

Slow Play Ray
12-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Platonic friends are just friends you haven't f*#$ed yet.

Clarkmeister
12-22-2005, 11:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

antifish225
12-22-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uw_madtown
12-22-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And of course:

"Do you know what a platonic friend is to a woman? It's like a dick in a glass case. In case of emergency, break open glass."