PDA

View Full Version : 2 or 3 table SNG's, opinions welcome.

tjh
12-21-2005, 09:37 PM
I have been taking a few shots at the 30 player SNG's on PokerRoom. I was wondering what the other players thought of the multitable SNGs.

So far I like them in theory and practice. The reality may change once I get a large sample.

Pros:
You get to play for more players at one level for more money rather than moving up a level and being forced to adjust to better players.
As the players drop out you get a section or two of 7 and then 6 handed play. This has the potential for you take advantage of the smaller table size. The downside is that they play too loose for full ring so they might actually have good starting hand requirements when adjusted for a smaller table.

Of course the other question is...
Does discussion of these games even belong here on STTF ? I always assumed the answer was no. The FAQ is a little cloudy on the subject

[ QUOTE ]
SNG: Sit-and-Go – the type of game discussed in this forum. Generally a tournament with one table, but more generally, any tournament where players simply take seats, and begin when all seats are filled, instead of being assigned seats.

STT: Single Table Tournament – any tournament where all the players start the game at one table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps that should be cleared up.

12-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Its the one table tournament forum. What do you think

12-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Too much post flop play. Post flop makes me cry.

Deuce2High
12-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I think yes. But if you are going to post questions about these tournaments know some things:

- Many posters will (rightfully) tell you that one-table SnGs are better and you should switch to them.

- Post the SnGs payouts and in close situations when the blinds go up and to what amount.

bluef0x
12-21-2005, 10:43 PM
No, 2-3 table SnG's belond in the MTT forum. If you can read, this forum is labeled as 'One-table Tournaments' Sometimes posters will post here about a final table, which is usually fine because the blinds are usually so high it plays out like a late level STT. But, if you're going to discuss early play (2-3 tables still) you should consult the other forum.

SNG: Sit-and-Go – the type of game discussed in this forum. Generally a tournament with one table, but more generally, any tournament where players simply take seats, and begin when all seats are filled, instead of being assigned seats.

There's nothing wrong with this definition... it basically says STT's are a form of SnG's. This doesn't mean you can apply it conversely, not all SnG's are STT's.

Mr_J
12-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Well this is a single table tourney forum. 2-3 table sngs would fit in both forums for different parts of the game.