PDA

View Full Version : Receiving forum posts by email - Gone?

JTG51
07-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Has the feature allowing us to receive responses to our posts via email been disabled in the server upgrade? I can't seem to find that option in my preferences anymore. I thought that was one of the best features on the site. It's much more convenient than tracking down every post I make to check for responses.

Either way, the upgrade has been great.

rigoletto
07-25-2003, 04:11 AM
I found it in the bottom of 'My Home'!

bernie
07-25-2003, 09:55 AM
i cant find it either. it's not on the bottom of my homepage. i also found this feature to really help speed up going through the forum.

i hope they put it back, it was a great feature...

b

J.R.
07-25-2003, 03:07 PM
Its at the bottom of "My Home" in the third edit option headed by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email".

imported_Chuck Weinstock
07-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Sorry, I missed that somehow. It should be back now.

Chuck

bernie
07-25-2003, 05:15 PM
mine doesnt have that option. it used to. i used it quite a bit before.

now it has where you can receive replies to your 'favorite' threads, but not responses to your own posts....

oh well...

b

JTG51
07-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Right, I've got the same thing Bernie.

JTG51
07-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Maybe I'm just missing something, but I still don't see the option there, Chuck.

The only options I see are to have email notifications of private messages and replies to my favorite threads. I don't see the option to have all replies to my posts emailed to me like we used to be able to do.

Thanks for the help.

Joe Tall
07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Jeff,

If you MAKE SURE to click, 'Add this to my favorite threads' BEFORE you preview your post...AND in your options, you have 'send me emails of replies to my favorite threads', it'll work for now.

One interesting thing it does, is send the email with the title of the post as a subject, AND, ALL replies to the thread are sent to you via email, not just those that are direct replies to your post within the thread.

-Joe