PDA

View Full Version : I've got hand

06-20-2002, 01:13 PM
I've been waiting for years for this to happen. My wife is usually quite intelligent and handles herself well in public, but not today! We went to return some stuff to Home Depot and she managed to get both feet into her mouth. I was actually stunned by what she was saying to the clerk. It went like this:

We walk up to the customer service desk and I place two bags on the counter, each containing a reciept and the merchandise to be returned. The clerk grabs the stuff and starts crossing the returned items off of our receipts. My wife thinks he's crossing the wrong items off and says "That one's different." The clerk stops and says "From what?" My wife points to a much larger item on the counter and says "That one." Pause. "O.K." and with that the clerk continues with the refund. He then looks at me (I've been silent the whole time) and says "Refund it back to the MasterCard?" I nod. We walk away.

My wife asks me if she just made a huge ass of herself. I say yes. She asks me why I didn't stop her. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from her, so how am I supposed to say anything? I've never heard her say anything that sounded so pathetically stupid before. I don't think I'll need any more ammo. I'm going to beat this one to death. Whenever she gets on me about something, all I have to do is say "That one's diffrint" in my best redneck voice and she shuts right up. I think I'll be cracking up about this one for years to come.