PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 publisher question

mts
07-24-2003, 10:33 PM
First of all i plan on purchasing 2 more 2+2 books. However, i am also returning 2 books to be replaced because my TOP book is in complete shambles and the pages in my HPFAP book are starting to come out. Should i go about replacing my two previous books and puchasing the two new books separately or can i send a check and a letter explaing what i want done with a box and have you guys just send all four books back together? Also, can you remind me the address where to send these books. Thanks.

slamdunkpro
07-24-2003, 10:38 PM
I have the same problem with my Advanced Tournament and TOP After 1 read (actually during) the pages just started falling out.

Mason Malmuth
07-24-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi mts:

I just love hearing this stuff. Because of the way our books get used, we have now just gone to a different glue, and I guarantee with this stuff the pages won't come out.

If you have bad books, send them to:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
226 Garfield Drive
Henderson, NV 89074

and we will replace them. Make sure to include your complete return address. However, you can often repair your books to satisfaction with a little Elmers glue.

Also, you don't purchase your books from us. Two Plus Two is only a wholesaler, and we do not retail. That's even the case if you purchase from this site where all orders are filled by ConJelCo. So don't send us a check if you return any books.

best wishes,
Mason

slamdunkpro
07-25-2003, 12:27 AM
For what it's worth - this problem isn't limited to 2+2 books. My Lee Jones Winning Low Limit poker fell apart as well.

clovenhoof
07-25-2003, 01:25 AM
...because they're read over and over, not because of all that dust getting into the spine and degrading the glue...

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'hoof

BruceZ
07-25-2003, 03:11 AM
How to open books (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=267772&Fo rum=books&Words=BruceZ&Match=Username&Searchpage=0 &Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=238746&Search=true#Pos t267772)

Mason Malmuth
07-25-2003, 04:22 AM
Hi clovenhoof:

We have just switched to something called PUR glue. It's much more expensive and it's a little scary to use since it takes 24 hours to set. That is I can't check the books on the binding line to see how secure the pages are. But when this stuff dries, it is like iron.

Right at the moment, only two of our titles Tournament Poker for Advanced Players and Hold 'em Poker have this glue, but we are in the process of reprinting Hold 'em Poker for Advanced Players and The Theory of Poker, so those of you who purchase these texts in the future will have the advantage of this glue. Eventually, all our titles should have it.

Best wishes,
Mason

rigoletto
07-25-2003, 05:52 AM
Hi Mason

Playing weak tight like you do ( /images/graemlins/grin.gif) you need something (http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/book/) to spend your time in between hands anyway!

mts
07-25-2003, 04:18 PM
hah elmers glue... yeah. your gonna have a ball when you see the condition my TOP book is in. I think the heat from leaving it in the car one day really screwed it up bad.

slamdunkpro
07-25-2003, 04:40 PM
I just bit the bullet, cut the spines off and saddle stitched my copies.

Ray Zee
07-26-2003, 01:38 AM
yea i am sending my copy back as i left it in the fireplace and all the pages are black and crumbly.

mts
07-26-2003, 01:41 PM
is this one of your witty comments or are you serious?

Ray Zee
07-26-2003, 08:44 PM
are you serious?

mts
07-26-2003, 11:49 PM
ok i admit, your comments arn't entirely witty... just half witty.

Ray Zee
07-27-2003, 12:13 AM
sometimes i am only half witty because i post too fast. i will slow down and only post half fast.

orbie
07-27-2003, 04:05 PM
I had the same problem with my first WLLH, after trading it in It seemed corrected the second is holding up pretty good.

Thanks MTS and Ray Zee I enjoyed the chukle from you witty or half witty bantor.

clovenhoof
07-28-2003, 12:03 AM
"I left mine by the outhouse, now it's in really crappy shape. I'm sending it back in a ziplock baggie. Now we'll find out if they really keep odours inside..."

However, in view of mts's response, I chose to hold my tongue. Keyboard. Fingers. Whatever.

'hoof

Gitz
07-28-2003, 05:16 PM
half witty, halfassed, halfwitted, halfofahalf 1stQ, halffurlonged, halfit, halftwit, etc.

halfpintgitz /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BruceZ
07-28-2003, 05:26 PM
I will slow down and only post half fast.

If you read that aloud it comes out the same as "half-assed".

BruceZ
07-28-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm glad you improved your binding (though I haven't had any trouble). Did you talk to Arnold Snyder? His books are bound to lie flat and last a lifetime somehow.